14) Here's To The Good Times

Four months had passed.

It was May 30th now, a day you'd never really found much joy in. The day that you were born.

It just reminded you that you never got to meet your mother, that your birth was the reason she died. And you never really got a decent celebration. Sure, you had the money and the mansion to organize a party, but you never had the friends. And, of course, your dad was always too busy to be there.

Birthdays just weren't fun in the Stark household.

As you entered your lab, you let out a heavy sigh and put down an untouched cup of coffee, thinking about what you could possibly do to occupy yourself for the day. Most of your projects were complete and you didn't feel like starting from scratch just yet.

You did have a little side project that was almost finished. It was your own little experiment called Test Eco in which you made your own environment in a glass box from samples of earth's minerals. It needed a test or two so you grabbed one of the many notebooks littered around and approached the box.

"FRIDAY?" You called.

"Yes, miss?" The AI greeted.

"How are we doing on Test Eco?"

"My data suggests the potential for a copper deposit, dropping at fifteen. I also found coltan, cobalt, and silicon."

"Huh..." You peered at the box, impressed by what you could accomplish sometimes. "All of those can be used and processed?"

"In a virtual environment such as this, I'm afraid not. But if presented with real Earth conditions, possibly. However, the most important are the iron and bauxite deposits I detected."

"Construction materials?" You questioned, intrigued.

"Aluminum, and everything needed to repair existing equipment as it ages."

"And the soil?"

"Light on nitrates."

"Nothing I can't compensate for. What about the water sample?"

"There is some salinisation and minimal microbial concentrations."

"Easily eliminated with purification and filtration processes."

"Cleaner than here."

You nodded and smiled, noting down everything. "Thanks, FRIDAY."

"My pleasure, miss."

You once again praised yourself for creating something as amazing as that and were about to do some more tests when you heard a knock on the door of your lab. You turned and saw Fury.

"What did I do now?" You mumbled.

Putting on a smile, you set everything down and went over to let him in.

"Campbell." He greeted in the usual business-like tone.

You nodded once. "Hey, Director."

"You're in early."

"I got bored."

"Hmm."

You stood there, a little awkward. "So can I help with anything, or...?"

Fury entered the lab and closed the door so you'd have more privacy. He looked around, seemingly impressed by some of the things you had created, and then turned to you.

"It's your day off." He stated.

You raised a brow. "Since when do you complain about extra hours?"

"I don't. But today is a 'special occasion'."