13) A Night In The City

You liked Coulson's team.

There was him, Agent May, Agent Ward, Skye, Fitz, and Simmons. They were the last group of people you expected to work together but they seemed to be doing it well. They all seemed okay, it was just Grant Ward that seemed off. He was the usual SHIELD agent, uptight and stubborn, but he had this boyish charm about him that made you curious.

It turned out that there had been a fight between two Asgardians named Sif and Lorelai on the jet - or the Bus as the SHIELD team called it - which had caused a decent amount of damage. Your primary focus was fixing the outside.

While you talked to the team on occasion, you were very picky about your words so you wouldn't expose anything. It had been about a week and a half since you'd joined them now and you were due to leave the next day.

While you were fixing up the engine, you were also having a discussion with FitzSimmons while other members of the team went about doing what they did best.

"Okay! Pineapple on pizza is delicious." You decided.

"Italians think pineapple on pizza is tantamount to an Act of War under International Law." Was all Fitz said on the topic.

You and Simmons shared a laugh as she spoke. "I can't understand why people are so afraid of one pizza."

"It's unnatural, that's why."

"I like how it's called Hawaiian pizza but it's from Canada."

"I love it." You shrugged.

Fitz looked at you both, very unamused. "Heathens."

"Let's do the next one before one of us starts throwing punches." Simmons suggested. "British football is better than American football."

Fitz raised a hand in agreement but you frowned. "We are at an impasse, my friends."

"I suppose I like American football, but I will never understand why it's called football." Fitz said. "The feet aren't even used. In the UK, however, the name fits because the ball is kicked with the feet."

"He's actually got a point." May agreed.

"It's a big difference." Simmons nodded. "We could always call American football throwball instead."

"Throwball?" Coulson chimed in as he walked over. "What is that?"

"You don't kick it." Fitz said, getting very passionate about the topic. "You play rugby."

"Well, technically-" You said, going to point out that the ball is in fact kicked.

"Okay, yes, you do, but only once. Now, I respect the sport, the strategy of the game and the like, but British football is the greatest sport of all time. It's the world's sport."

"You're really passionate about this, aren't you?"

"Of course I am. What's the next one, Jemma?"

Simmons thought about it. "Well, while we're on the topic, American food Vs British food."

Most people seemed to have no opinion but you shrugged.

"I haven't really tried much British food." You confessed. "I mean, I like the food we got. What does 'American food' mean anyway? Hot dogs?"

"Fair point." Simmons pursed her lips in thought. "Ultimatum. American chocolate Vs British chocolate. My opinion? British is better."

"I'm gonna have to visit the UK to test that out."

"Might want to think twice about that." Fitz commented.

"Darling, I don't even think once. We'll have a blast."