31) Where Do We Go From Here?

"I'd also like to say that this USB is gonna burn out in a minute." You added on a slightly less serious note at the end. "You know, just in case certain people try to get their hands on this. Precautions and all that."

You took a slow intake of breath.

"That's it. For real, now. Goodbye... I love you."

Your words were hanging in the air even after the video had finished.

Nobody knew what to say or what to do or who was supposed to talk first after all of that. They simply kept to themselves in silence, the occasional sound of a sniffle or quiet sob being all that got through.

Pepper took a long minute to gather her thoughts and emotions as she wiped her eyes tenderly. She was the first to speak.

"Did (Y/n) leave anything else?" She asked quietly.

"I think that's it." Foggy said.

"No, there's more." Matt said, receiving a curious look from his partner. "Not something she left, but something she said."

"What was it?" Tony questioned, his tone eager.

"Only that if any of you needed help, you come to Nelson and Murdock if you don't know where else to go. She trusted us and she hoped that would be enough incentive. We hope so, too."

Foggy was quite surprised, clearly not having been in the room when you discussed this with Matt. The Starks and Parkers were also pleasantly taken aback, but found comfort knowing that you were watching out for them even now.

"We do have a calling card." Matt added. "Please, don't hesitate if you need us."

A silence followed as he waited for Foggy to put the copies of the mentioned card on the table. When he sensed that his partner didn't move, he lightly nudged Foggy's shoulder, prompting him into action.

"Thanks." Tony murmured, picking up one of the cards. "We'll think about it."

He was being genuine, of course. If he or Stark Industries ever needed a hand or two in legal obligations, he was assured by your faith in the lawyer duo. Pepper was thinking the same as each of them also took a card.

"Thank you." Ben also said, tucking it into his jacket. "If she trusted you, that's more than enough."

-

After the meeting had been called to end, everyone headed out of the office.

"Until we meet again, Mr. Stark, Ms. Potts." Matt said, shaking their hands once more.

"It was a pleasure." Foggy added, doing the same.

"Thank you for taking care of (Y/n)'s wishes." Pepper said.

"She was wonderful to work with."

"Even after you tried to gift her with cigars." Matt commented.

"She said she was flattered."

"And that's where we stop talking." Tony quickly intervened. "Again, thanks for everything."

They exchanged farewells and, soon after, Pepper noticed something.

"Where's Harley and Peter?" She asked.

Tony looked around, spotting Roberta in conversation with her son and Happy. They walked over while the Parkers stayed to talk to Hill.

"Roberta, where are the boys?" Pepper asked again.

"They're just outside, dear." Roberta said, having heard the concern in the other woman's voice. "Safe and sound, I promise. They're taking a good look at that watch (Y/n) left to Peter."