19) Help

A video call had been arranged between everyone upon hearing the news of your revival.

Tony, Pepper, and Happy were in the jet; Rhodey was in his office; Bruce and Clint were in Avengers Tower; and Natasha, Hill, and Fury were in a hideout while waiting for the Triskelion deal to blow over. No one was feeling too excited about the meeting.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Tony asked Fury, his tone full of anger and hurt.

"Stark, I assure you the circumstances were-" Fury tried to talk, only to be cut off.

"I'm sick of your circumstances! You had no right to keep her from me! I thought she was dead. Do you know what that does to someone? Do you even have any idea how much it hurts?"

"She wasn't safe."

"She would have been with me!"

"Tony has a point." Bruce spoke up. "I think she would've been safe in the Tower."

Tony nodded, pointing to him. "Thank you, Jolly Green."

"I'm sorry." Fury said in an exasperated tone. "When we found her, the initial plan was to bring her to you. She was the one who refused."

"Why?" Pepper asked.

Her expression was sad. She missed you so much.

"She was worried about the people who were after her." Fury tried to explain. "It was her belief that they would target the ones she loved and so she chose to start a new life."

"It worked." Natasha commented, genuinely impressed with how long you had managed to hide.

"Who knew?" Tony asked.

"That doesn't matter." Fury told him.

"Who knew?" He repeated more sternly.

The director sighed. "Agent Hill, myself, and Agent Coulson."

"Coulson?" Several people questioned at once.

"Coulson knew?" Tony mumbled, quite surprised. "How?"

"He was the one who found her." Hill said.

He scoffed, shaking his head. "I don't believe this."

"Tony-"

"No, I actually don't believe this. Someone's gotta be lying to me."

Happy then surprised everyone by speaking up in their defense. "They're not lying, Tony."

"What?"

"They're telling the truth."

"How would you know?"

"Because I saw her myself."

The following silence was deafening. No one dared speak up, too concerned with Tony's reaction.

The man himself slowly turned to face his friend, not sure of how to react. "I'm sorry, please repeat that."

Happy sighed. "(Y/n) visited me in the hospital last year after the Mandarin bombing."

Again, he got mad. "This is ridiculous! Why does everyone seem to know my daughter is alive but me?"

Pepper put a hand on his arm to try and calm him down. It worked a little bit, he did stop pacing to sit down with her, but he still looked livid.

"How..." He hesitated, struggling to process it all. "How was she?"

"She was amazing." Happy told him, smiling. "She's smart and pretty and she's just like you. Attitude and all."