EP43: clout

"i hate you"

"i hate you"

dagger turned around and sassily put her hands on her waist, raising her eyebrows.

"do you, now?" she asked and the door opened, pecan frowning.

"you were supposed to be sooner?" she sighed and opened her arms. dagger hugged her friend and then rushed inside the apartment to greet cornelius.

"min had amazing time at anthony's and then we went to a mini zoo" corpse explained and nodded his head as a hello.

this couple of weeks were exhausting socially (kind of) – meeting with minerva's family, meeting with his friends, going to various public places in different cities. but it was worth it. he spent a lot of time with dagger too.

"my baby!" minerva sighed and dropped to her knees, sweeping the black fluff ball off the floor. cornelius squeaked happily and corpses smile widened.

"okay, i'll get going. there's some leftovers in the fridge" pecan leaned against the doorway, looking at her friend.

"sure. thank you so much for looking after him" minerva looked up and smiled. august nodded.

after she was gone, corpse went to the fridge. he noticed leftovers, sure... but surely not enough for both of them. besides that a lot of other things were gone.

"we should go buy some groceries. it's emptier here than in dream's brain." he hummed and turned around just to see minerva scoffing.

"sure. let's go because if i change into my comfort clothes, i'm not going anywhere" she nodded and put cornelius in cage "i'll be back!"

when corpse closed the door, minerva slid his hand onto his.

"do you think i'm giving him trust issues?"

"what?" ajax choked on air, letting out a giggle

"yknow, coming back home and then leaving right away...?" minerva frowned, looking at her boyfriend.

"i hope not. my son, i mean– your son has the best mother ever. plus, don't guinea pigs have a short memory span...?" he hummed. they left the building.

"i think they have good memory, that's the thing" she sighed and shook her head "my poor baby"

corpse looked up from her face just to see a guy passing them, eyeing minerva. he just shot him a death glare and they continued walking, minerva oblivious to anything.

"anyways... we need milk, most importantly. is there something you want especially?" she asked and he shook his head no. "are you sure? in the car earlier you said you wanted some waffles though"

ajax's smile softened. why did she remember such thing and why it made his heart throb?

they entered the convenience store, chilly breeze of ac hitting their faces gently. minerva reached out to grab the basked but corpse swiftly took it out of her hands, carrying it.