Chapter 1: The Pilot

DISCLAIMER: This was written before the series release when not all information about the characters/universe was public knowledge, and therefore not everything will be canonical. Pretend it's an alternate universe or something please and thank you 💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING:
There are lewd scenes in this book. There are raunchy scenes, risqué dialogue, and some of Al being a horny little shxt at times. (Before you come at me saying 'but he's asexual'- I know. I am too. Hear me out.)
Asexuality is a spectrum, first of all- and doesn't automatically mean repulsed or averted to the activity itself.
That being said I *do* realize this particular way of writing him is out of character canonically. And I am in no way shape or form trying to invalidate or dismiss anyone's preferences (or lack there of)- be it his, or mine, or yours.
I just like writing smut lol and this is a fantasy anyway.
Any scenes that depict detailed NSFW scenes will have a warning either before it starts or right at the very start of the chapter. No shame if you don't want to read the hedonism. It's totally fair, valid, and understandable! Smut scenes are (almost) never vital to the plot in my work for that reason, and you won't miss anything important from the story if you skip them.
Just wanted to give a fair warning to those who are new to my work!! With that being said, ladies and gents: Enjoy the tale~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Part 1; Midnight Smokes and Stolen Bets~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hit me."

"You sure?" Paul asked, sifting the remaining cards in his calloused hand. You lifted your bottle of Jack Honey to your lips and took a decent sized swig, the amber liquid burning smoothly on the way down. You wiped away a small dribble that escaped down your chin as you set it back onto the dried grass between your feet.

"Y/n are you nuts?" Shannon asked, sitting next to you with her own cards- who had chosen to stay where she was at a few deals ago.

"The courts thought so." You joked.

This was a usual little ritual for you and the others, in your downtime you'd enjoy getting together, playing card games and enjoying some decent liquor and some good weed on occasion. It wasn't very often that you got to enjoy yourselves like this, most of you lacked the time- and the energy. But, that was life in the circus. Hard work all day and night, hardly a moment with rest and without fatigue. But it was the life you grew up with and you had become very accustomed to it. You couldn't imagine living out there, with the strange lifestyles of the townies in the outside world. You didn't have a house, but in the spotlight at the big top, you were right at home.

You had your own private caravan and that was just fine with you; in fact, it was a luxury in your case. Most others were bunked together in the same trailer, others even chose to set up personal tents and sleep in those- when you weren't traveling those nights, that is. Life in the circus was not for the faint of heart, one was either born in it or born for it. Many try it out, more than half can't handle it- and flee in the middle of the night. You had seen many things in your life that few people ever witness. Exciting things, new sites and places, death-defying stunts; and also a lot of drama, illness, suffering, and... accidents.

It was taxing on more than just your body, but your mind, emotions and soul too. The life of a "normal" person seemed to move at a snails pace compared to what you all were used to. After all, 'what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly'; that's what your parents always said about it.