Chapter 27: Reassurance

(TW: mention of disregard for self, harmful behavior and depression.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, SH, and/or substance abuse: first and foremost you are not alone. There are plenty of others who know and understand, and you don't have to suffer alone in silence. Don't be afraid to seek help, even if it's easier said than done. Remember you are loved, you are deserving of love, you are valued, seen, and you are heard.
I wish nothing but good days and endless support coming your way.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honestly Charlie I just *hiccup* I don't get people." You slurred. The poor demoness crouched down beside you in a stall, holding your hair and rubbing your back while your upset stomach sent what was left of your last drink right the fuck back up. "They say they want ya around and -hueeh- tell you all these sweet things. Only to turn around and toss ya aside like you're nothing but a handful of kernels at the bottom of a popcorn bag."

You spat excess saliva and sat back up. Charlie looking upon you with sympathy as she grabbed some bathroom tissue to wipe your mouth with. "And I believed it!!" You continued. "I hung on his every word cause I'm such a sap. What did I get out of it? A whole lotta *hiccup* heartache. That's what."

"Fuck 'em, babe." A stranger had commented from somewhere else in the bathroom. Presumably one of the two other demonesses who were snorting lines of something over by the sinks. "You's a bad bitch, you don't need him."

"Thank you!" You called out before stifling another gag. Hoping that by now for sure your puking had stopped and now you would feel a tiny bit better. But that's not to say you didn't plan on continuing to drink right after you walked out of there, either. "And the nerve. The fucking nerve of him to just waltz right up to me like nothing ever happened! He's all happy and smiley and shit..."

"Well he was, until you slapped the grin right off of him." Charlie commented.

"I regret it," you said, raising your index finger to further stipulate your point. "Cause it wasn't as hard as I could've, man. I would've... Mmph. And then, he tells me to go ask Reg what 'really' happened. The fuck does that even mean?"

"Sure is a bit vague," she agreed. Letting go of your hair now that you were done vomiting and proceeded to smooth out the strands for you. "Why wouldn't he just tell you himself if something was that important?"

"Probably cause he's a fucking coward." You grumbled. "Afraid of commitment and probably afraid of confrontation, too. And Reggie tells me everything, like I told you he's like a brother to me. So I don't know what the fuck that guy is talking about. I just wanna take his dumb, annoying, handsome face and just..." you trailed off and clenched your fist, pressing it into your other open palm to imitate a punching action.

"Easy there, girl. I know you do, but try not to let him get to you. He already took such a big chunk of your time and energy, don't give him any more. Don't let him keep draining you like that." She said encouragingly. Offering you a sweet, gentle smile as she tried to comfort you. "You ready to go back out there?"

"I think so. Could use a mint, hah..."

"I have some gum here in my handbag." She offered sweetly.. "We'll touch up your makeup a little too before we go back out."

"Is it bad?" You asked.

"It's salvageable, but... You're definitely wearing more mascara on your cheeks than on your lashes right now." She chuckled. "Come on."

"'Waterproof', my ass. Alright."

Charlie helped you to your feet and made sure you weren't swaying or stumbling over your own feet before opening the stall door for the two of you. The only other demonesses in the restroom on their way out, the one who had spoken to you before had turned to look at you as she was walking out. "Love you ya beautiful bitch!" She called to you. "Don't let anyone dull your sparkle!!"