Chapter 34: I Hope You Suffer/Finale

"How long do we keep them waiting?"

"You in a hurry or something?" You asked, chuckling with a cigarette hanging loosely from your mouth as you flicked a zippo and lit it. A small amount of ghostlike smoke spilling from your mouth before you managed to take a satisfactory drag.

Johnny stood beside you. Anxiously bouncing his leg with his foot propped against the wall behind him. Alastor stood beside him, starkly calm in contrast. It was safe to say you each felt intensely about the situation ahead, but in your own ways as individuals.

Alastor was the most excited.

Johnny was conflicted, but shared your animosity.

You were... angry. With no one in the room of course, but the two demons on the other side of the door. It was hard to share Al's excitement because all you could focus on was how you felt when you saw those to again. In fact, the instant they were in sight you felt your blood boil; now knowing all that they did to you behind your back made you want to attack them on the spot. When you looked into their eyes, you were glad you saw fear in them.

Perhaps once you got started you could begin to relax.

"Well, they've been in that room for hours with the song 'Hey Ya' on repeat." Johnny stated.

"Think we should have chosen 'Call Me Maybe' instead?"

"Regardless of what song, I think they're losing it if they haven't already." Alastor gently cut in with a pleased sigh. "Are you sure you still want to do this?"

You nodded slowly. A subtle smile working its way to your lips as you sucked in another breath of smoke before taking the cigarette out of your mouth. Flicking the ashes onto the concrete floor just outside the door your parents were locked behind. Outkast's hit single coming to an end on the other side of the door only to start over again immediately.

"You see the look on their faces when they saw me?" You asked, looking up at Alastor.

He matched your smile and then surpassed it, displaying a full blown grin. Releasing a soft chuckle from his lungs.

"Hard to miss, they look like they saw a ghost!"

"I've never seen them look scared like that before." You said blankly. Your gaze falling to the floor as you dazed slightly. "They weren't even that distraught when I was sent to the hospital."

"Use that." Alastor said. "Take it out on them."

"Do two wrongs really make a right here, though?" Johnny wondered aloud.

"Dude they murdered you, how are you not pissed enough to wanna hurt them?" You asked.

"I do want to hurt them but I don't want to erase their entire sentience like you do. It's not that I think they don't deserve it I just don't think I can handle doing that to another person."

"Then don't, that's fine, leave it to me." You said simply. Taking another drag. "They weren't going to learn their lesson anyway."

"What do you mean?"

"I started having visions in my sleep, and I think Shannon might have been in danger if they were around any longer." You said.

Alastor gave you a tight smile. Silently recalling how terrified you were after that night when you expressed to him in vivid detail what you saw in that dream.

"At first I thought I was having some weird dreams where I was seeing them from her point of view." You continued. "But now after knowing what they are and what they're capable of... I don't think those were just dreams, anymore."