Epilogue

"Tonight's show starts at seven, I need you here by five if you can."

"It might be closer to five-thirty, I have to drive my boyfriend to work today 'cause I have the car. I told him I would since we were in the area anyway."

"That's fine," you nodded. Readjusting the dazzling, cropped blazer as you looked in the mirror. Admiring the vertical black and white stripes before leaning closer to the glass and fixing a bit of smudged eyeliner with your nail.

"Actually- I'll ask Shlitze if he'd be willing to swap his act time with yours." You offered. "Should give you time to make sure you have all your ducks in a row."

"Awh thanks, Y/n- that'd be great, I really appreciate it!"

"No worries."

A lot of things can happen in a year.

For starters, you were now the ring leader of your own small circus.

Your parents were right about one thing- performing was in your blood. Which forever irked you that there was some truth to their assumptions. But, happy you were to have come to this realization on your own terms- not based on their controlling mindset.

Once the hotel was officially up and running, you performed at Charlie's establishment for a couple of months. Which was fun, that was for sure. But your thirst for a little something more would nag at you until Alastor said something in regards to your increasing wistful attitude.

With that prompt, you confessed that you were becoming... well, bored. And developing a bit of cabin fever as well from being in one place for so long. It's not that you didn't enjoy working for the princess, in fact it was often the highlight of your week. But even sometimes that felt a little lackluster.

It was nothing against her and her project, it's just that you needed a change in scenery. (In fact, you still did perform at the hotel- just now it was only during your off season.)

Alastor suggested if you were still dead set on performing, you start your own little traveling show. Admittedly, you were skeptical at first. Trying to run anything when your staff is a bunch of hellions didn't sound like the most appealing option- But you decided to give it a go.

And surprisingly, a lot of talented sinners and hellborns seemed to come out of the woodwork when word got around that they had an opportunity to shine.

And more so, your ethical way of running things was what kept a lot of them wanting to stay. It was refreshing for a lot of folk to have a reasonable and understandable person running everything.

Sure, there were some that tried to take advantage of that. But you weren't a pushover, and you weren't stupid- so that kind of behavior never lasted long. Especially if you decided to bring Alastor in as extra reinforcement. Which he was happy to oblige.

Some other differences being, even though yours was a traveling show, it was never constant. You had a designated season, a stretch of a few months where you'd tour around the entire Pride Ring and perform for sinners of all forms, shapes, sizes, backgrounds, etc.

And when the lights went out after the final show, everyone returned to the other part of their afterlife- whatever that entailed.

Some people went back to working a standard 9-5, some didn't go back to work at all and just waited for the next season to start, some even had large families that they returned to; whatever the case may be for each individual.

You made one thing abundantly clear: they were performers- not prisoners.

With all that said, you wound up moving in with Alastor. Reason being you weren't working at the hotel anymore full time- so you couldn't in good conscience take up space that they very well needed.