Chapter 22: Old Ghosts

"Y/n~!" Angel Dusts's voice summoned your attention from somewhere outside the kitchen. Your ears perking up and flicking in the direction of the doorway as you took a bite out of your sandwich. "Bestie, toots, light of my fucking days- where are you?"

You and Alastor had -reluctantly- parted ways for the afternoon. Him to his duties at the hotel and you off to do whatever it was you felt like that day. Admittedly, you skipped your morning workout today. Which felt incredibly odd and almost wrong in a sense after being in the habit of doing it for so long, but, your body was a little sore from the physical activity the night before. Alastor left your hotel room not before having a few words for you, a statement that seemed to make your soul happy every time you thought of it.

'I'll be back tonight, my love. Until then, keep smiling for me.'

You anticipated a talk with Charlie at some point after your last interaction with her. Assuming her and Vaggie probably thought that you just went back to your room last night and gave Al the cold shoulder. You knew Alastor wasn't about to tell them about the new development in your relationship, he even admitted that he liked the idea of keeping them guessing. You didn't want to spoil his fun, but, you also didn't want to lie to Charlie either after all she had done for you.

If she were to ask how you and Al were doing, you planned on just saying you both had a long talk and came to common ground. It wasn't a whole lie. Even if the marks on yours and Alastor's neck told a more elaborate story- and the fact that you were in his shirt.

"You're getting warmer, keep walking." You called out, a morsel of food stuffed in your cheek so you could talk a little more coherently. Good thing Al and Rosie weren't in the room to witness you talking with food in your mouth... Wasn't something you had a habit of, but they'd give you an earful nonetheless.

"Damn toots you look pretty snazzy," the arachnid said with a grin as he reached the doorway. "That Smile's shirt your wearing?"

Cat's already out of the bag, You thought to yourself. But then again, he already connected the dots when he saw you both that morning. Perhaps he hadn't breathed a word to anyone else about what he had seen.

You smirked and nodded, swallowing another bite of your food.

"Yeah." You hummed. "Sorry about this morning."

He shook his head and shrugged. "I'm just mad someone got in his pants before I did. Can't say I'm surprised it was you, though."

"I guess..." you chuckled. "Last night was interesting."

"That's part of why I wanted to talk to ya," he noted matter of factly before sauntering over to fetch himself a popsicle from the freezer. "I wanna have a girls day with ya, I was supposed to be with Cherry but I guess she's got shit going on today, too fuckin' important to keep plans with me but whatever. So! You, me, we're gonna get our hair and nails done, and we're gonna do some light shopping, and talk about boys~" he leered at you with a knowing smile and a wink. Obviously hinting to wanting details of your close encounter with the deer man.

"So what do ya say, toots?" He continued. "You down for a day of self care and friendly gossip?"

"Ah what the hell," you answered pleasantly. "Beats being cooped up all afternoon. Besides I think my body could use a day of rest."

"Yeah I bet you're really tuckered out." He snickered. "Good shit! We can head out whenever."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My hair is so soft I feel like it should be in a fucking garnier commercial!" You groaned with excitement, running your fingers through the strands again and admiring the softness and shine for the fifth time since you and Angel left the salon.