Chapter 7: Static

~~Part 1: Bonding~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fucking shitballs it hurts!"

"Five more, come on." You pressed encouragingly.

"It burns~!" Angel whined.

"I know it does. No one ever got good at this by quitting."

Angel was out of work and you had finished practicing for the day, so you figured you'd start easing him into training. He was less than prepared for the amount of pain the workout was giving him -consideration he was fairly athletic to begin with- but he was appreciative for your help none the less. Right now he was hung upside down, only about 6 feet off the ground; doing sit ups with the silks wrapped around his thighs. The extra gravity in the method of exercise was definitely more than he was used to, on top of the tightness and pressure of the taught fabric around his legs. You warned him it would hurt at first until he got used to it.

"Three, come on you got this! Four-"

"Can we be done after this?" He groaned, letting his upper half hang down again as he grit his teeth and tried to curl upwards a final time.

"Yeah I think you earned it." You chuckled. "One more, remember to breathe."

"I DID IT!! I am a KING!" He exclaimed with pride as he finished the set, relaxing his upper body and letting himself hang limp with his arms dangling. "I... Am gonna chill here, till someone cuts me down, because I don't have the strength to untangle myself."

You snickered and rolled your eyes, walking over to him. "Grab the silks with your hands, I'll hold your back up so you can unravel easier." He slowly pulled himself up and you supported his weight with your hands, spotting him until he unweaved out of the fabric and had both feet planted firmly upon the ground.

"Not bad for just starting out," you smiled at the spider, holding your hand up and giving him a high-five. "I remember when I started training with these, I had bruises around my thighs and waist for weeks. Don't be surprised if it happens to you too."

"The shit we do to look majestic." He huffed with a smirk.

"Tell me about it." You chuckled. "I'm kinda hungry, wanna walk with me to the kitchen?"

Angel greedily guzzled water from a bottle as the two of you walked off to the other section of the hotel, you listening to him ramble away about work. As you approached the room he steered the conversation.

"Say toots, what have you got going on today?" He asked, making a sandwich and handing it over to you before he began fixing one for himself.

"Thanks." You hummed, taking the food from him. "Uh, I'm free until 6. Why?"

"A friend of mine and I are going shopping today, you should come with!" He chirped.

You raised your eyebrows in slight surprise, swallowing the bite of food in your mouth before finally responding to him. "Really?" You chuckled. "I don't really have much for cash to shop with-"

"I got you." He interrupted. "Whatever ya want, consider it a thanks. Unless you wanna keep wearing my clothes, then just tag along for the vibes."

You thought for a second. You might as well, it was something to do and an excuse to get out for a little while. Sure you were going out again later anyway when Al would come by to get you, but, even then you'd prefer something to wear that was your own. Something a little nicer than the torn up shirt and jeans you fell into Hell with.