Chapter 4: Recovery and Reoccuring Memories

~~Part 1: Reassurance~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wise men say... Only fools rush in..."

In your semi-lucid state your mind began to wander. Fading in and out of consciousness and into your own mind, you revisited a night you normally would have glossed over and passed off as just another performance. But you didn't notice the pair of eyes on you, the pair that didn't belong to someone from the crowd. But rather from someone who should have been doing their job sweeping, but instead couldn't take their gaze off of you.

"But I can't help... Falling in love with you~."

Anyone who saw you would have said the same thing. You looked absolutely, unmistakably enchanting as you did what you did best. In the air tangled in long nylon silks, looking mesmerizing in your favorite colored costume that hugged your form yet allowed you to breathe and move fluidly. The smile on your face was hard to ignore, and it was enough to make one heart in particular skip a beat.

"Take my hand... Take my whole life too..."

Little did you know the significance of your performance. How captivating you were, spiraling and weaving with such grace. Lip syncing the words, despite not wearing a mic, simply because you were enjoying yourself. How you captured a strangers attention that night by simply being you. You danced, maybe 30 feet in the air without a shred of fear, as if gravity couldn't touch you; you didn't know things would be a little different after that night.

You wondered if the fuzzy feelings it brought upon would later be worth all the pain.

"For I can't help falling in love with you."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Angel? Y/n?" Charlies voice from the other side of the room door. "Everything alright?"

Your eyes fluttered open, slowly and feeling quite heavy as they did so. The sound of Charlie's light and gentle voice luring you back into full lucidity. And, much to your dismay, back into a state of awareness; acknowledging the aches, pains, fatigue and cold-sweats that rattled your exhausted self.

"You gonna be alright if I talk to her for a sec, toots?" He asked, looking down at you. You nodded, having moved very little over the past 20 minutes or so that he had been here with you. It felt like much longer as you lie there shivering, despite the room not being cold at all.

"Hang in there. I'll be right back." He patted your back and got off of your bed, taking one last look at you before exiting through your door. Seeing Charlie and Alastor standing side by side.

"Yeah?"

"Is everything okay? Neither of you came down, and you never answered my texts." Charlie asked.

"Yeah. She's just not feeling good right now." He said simply. "She ain't hungry."

"And you never came back down, why?" Al pried out of curiosity.

"Got caught up talkin', sheesh." He huffed. Not really wanting to be honest about his sudden sentimental streak. But, he knew they weren't going to stop prying. They wouldn't budge, they just stood there waiting for him to indulge them further. The arachnid huffed in annoyance and defeat.

"Listen," he said, lowering his voice. "She must've been on a drinking bender or some shit, cause she's withdrawing hard right now. I know what she's going through right now, and it sucks. Especially alone. Just give her a day or two to get through the worst of it and she'll be fine."