Chapter 30: Creatures of Habit

"You sure she's not in her room??" Angel asked urgently.

"Not in her room, not out on her balcony," Alastor answered with an exasperated sigh. "I'm going to check my office now."

"I'll try the kitchen," Vaggie offered. "And the dining hall."

"Check any closets, cabinets or pantries; if she can squeeze herself into a hiding space, she will absolutely do it!" Reggie offered out to everyone.

"I'll try my room." Angel said. "Not sure why she'd go there, but-"

"It wouldn't hurt to make sure." Charlie affirmed. "I'll look in the rec room."

The princess turned and looked over at Husk, Johnny and Reggie. "Will at least one of you stay here in case she comes back through?" She asked. Trying hard to hide the sense of urgency within her voice.

"I got it." Husk answered. Not showing it on sleeve, but, deeply concerned for how you might be dealing right now. He hoped you were alright, and he hoped that you knew you could go to him if you needed to. To him, Charlie, Alastor, Angel; any of them. You didn't need to run off and drink your sorrows away like you had.

"Come with me." Reggie commanded Johnny. Pulling the fox by his arm and dragging him off toward the entrance door.

"Where are we going?"

"Outside." He huffed. "I wanna make sure she didn't just up and leave completely."

"You don't think she would have, right?"

"Doubt it but I'm not makin' promises. We gotta look."

Scouring most of the hotel grounds, the group looked high and low for you. You were, by this point, nowhere to be found.

Alastor was growing more and more worried by the minute. The longer it was taking to find you, the heavier his heart weighed in his chest. He internally scolded himself for not staying by your side. He knew you were basically falling apart right in front of everybody; and he let his temper get in the way when he decided to focus on arguing with your ex instead of try and console you.

But as far as that goes, he felt it was Johnny's fault. Inadvertently or not, this might not have happened if he hadn't touched you. And now that he had, the stag was all the more riled with wrath.

Johnny was a bit of a mess as well. About as much as Alastor, but for slightly different reasons. He was deeply concerned for you, and remorseful that he had caused you such an episode. If he had known that would have happened he wouldn't have done it; or at the very least would have reached for the part where your sleeve covered you. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt you or upset you more than you already were...

A part of him still hoped that, now that you knew the truth, this would mean the two of you could actually have a conversation about it. However after everything that just happened, he half expected to be ran out of the hotel by Alastor as soon as they found you.

The group met back up in the foyer; each person slightly more scared and disappointed to see that no one had found you yet.

"Nothing??" Charlie sighed with exasperation. "Please tell me she didn't leave the hotel..."

"No sign of her outside on the grounds," Reggie offered. "Not sure about further out, though."

"Is there nowhere else we can look?" Johnny asked.

"What are we looking for?"

Niffty popped up between Johnny and Charlie, startling literally everyone in the search party as she spoke up. She had been busy cleaning and had missed the entire shitshow up until this point.