Chapter 74 🌞🌞

A butterfly fluttered above the island, gently floating above the whole fiasco. In an instant, it started expanding and distorting to form a human with a long floating coat and large wings.

Konan stretched, not used to getting her appearance back, she felt a bit rusty. "It's been a while since I could last freely fight with these abilities." She folded her wings, smiling as the wind rushed past her and she let gravity take its hold on her, dragging her down at an increasing speed.

Just as she was about to crash into a building, she unfolded her wings, narrowly navigating the streets to fly back to the main building, she avoided the fighting areas using her Haki. After a few minutes of flying at high speed, she broke straight through the windows, landing perfectly on her feet inside.

"Alright, time to loot." Multiple Konans detached themselves from her body, all going in different but specific directions she had already spotted in her time there.The main body simply sat on a chair, closing her eyes and replenishing her chakra reserves. Despite having accumulated a vast amount of wealth thanks to Ko, it never hurt to gather more, plus she was interested to know what kind of information was hidden in this building.

After what felt like an hour, she had gathered quite a large amount of money, some weapons, and some interesting documents. Though they would be of more interest for the Revolutionary Army than for her. With that thought in mind she immediately sent it to them in the form of a fly.

"Now what is that?" She bent down to open the chest frowning when she saw two Devil Fruits. She dispersed all her clones, pondering what to do with these fruits. She was 99% sure her own powers didn't count as a devil fruit so technically she could still eat one but she wasn't that interested in the secondary effects—being unable to swim and becoming weak to Seastone.

With all her identities, most being known for not having a devil fruit, it could also blow her cover. She had already encountered a few other devil fruits but every time the cons outweigh the pros so she either sold them or gave them to people. This time wasn't so different, she wasn't very intent on keeping it.

She thus threw them out the window, watching as a bird flew by and grabbed it.

Konan then promptly jumped out of the broken window letting herself freefall before flying upward. She felt someone fighting in one of the buildings. Looking through the window, she saw Kalifa—an arrogant woman who can control bubbles—and an orange-haired woman fighting. She hid her presence watching. They were fighting in what seemed to be a huge bathroom filled with bubbles.

Nami was weakened by Kalifa's Devil Fruit's abilities and gradually she found herself unable to move. Konan could see that Nami was pushing herself up trying to figure out Kalifa's weakness but couldn't.

Konan tilted her head slightly pondering whether to intervene or not. "Just this once." She punched her way through the wall and was soon greeted by a frowning Kalifa and a stunned Nami.

Nami soon regained her composure, and a blush of excitement spread on her face, "Konan?! Konan the Paper Angel?"

Konan felt a shiver of disgust spread at the name; she had always hated that nickname—it stuck to her regardless of her will. "Just call me Konan please."

Nami could feel herself float as she heard her idol's soft and gentle voice.

"Am I bothering the both of you?" Kalifa asked annoyed at being ignored before she attacked Konan. She expected her punch to meet soft flesh and for the intruder to then be sent crashing against the wall with a scream. What happened instead was very different; her fist was caught and she received a heavy kick to the stomach.

She stumbled down stunned, feeling a few ribs were broken. She struggled to get up, "Who are you?"

Meanwhile, Nami was starstruck at seeing her idol up close and fighting. She wanted to ask for an autograph but felt too shy to do so. Plus as she gazed at Kalifa, she knew she had something to do before that. "I am thankful for the help Konan," she felt her voice diminish when Konan's gaze landed on her, "but I want to end this fight fairly."

When Konan smiled at her, Nami felt her cheeks burn—her idol smiled at her! She wanted to take a picture and frame it.

"Alright, it is your fight after all, then don't mind me watching," Konan leaned against the wall, smiling encouragingly at her.

Nami felt full of energy with her idol watching her—she wanted to make a good first impression. She was only partially stunned when a huge animal burst through the wall. It took her a full second to register the being—Chopper. Chopper looked around stunned before disappearing back to where he came from. His appearance had one effect though, breaking the tubs and spreading water on Nami's body.

Nami quickly registered that water was making the soap on her body disappear, thus nullifying Kalifa's powers.

"Even if you know that it's useless," Kalifa sneered, glancing at Konan before concentrating on Nami. She was too weak to deal with the both of them so she would use this opportunity to get rid of Nami first.

Konan observed the fight, noting Nami's intelligence. Nami was dealing with an opponent that was stronger than her so she had to carefully plan out her attack strategy. Konan could feel the humidity gathering in the air around Nami's weapon, like a black hole it sucked in water around.

Nami used clones to distract her enemy while she gathered her attack. Kalifa was wary but arrogant. After she eliminated all the clones with a tsunami of soap—her ultimate attack, she let her guard down and that's when Nami struck. The black cloud that was charged with electricity went right through Kalifa, defeating her in one go.

Konan couldn't help but clap, it was a clean defeat, well thought-out. When she saw Nami stagger, she appeared by her side to support her. "Good job!" Nami clearly wasn't the strongest in the crew but she knew her strong points and how to use them to the fullest—being underestimated was always an advantage in a disadvantageous battle. Her intelligence and her perseverance was something Konan could appreciate.

Nami immediately regained her composure, flushing at seeing Konan up-close, "Thank you."

________________________

Alright, I'll be doing daily (with maybe some exceptions) updates till we reach the Sabaody Arc (Impel Down too maybe?).

I hope I'll be able to reach it before I have to go back to school as I'll be starting my medecine studies and I might be too busy by then. So yeah enjoy I guess!