Chapter 100 🌲🤶🏻🎁

Doflamingo's smile reached his eyes as he threw himself in that direction, abandoning his duties in a mere second. His thread flew through the air to pierce the teenager staring down at him, only for his thread to cut nothing.

"What a familiar and unpleasant feeling." He brought his hands down with a twitch, his threads spreading to the people beneath. His fingers played a macabre song as the people below started dancing to his rhythm, massacring their own allies. "How annoying..."

Oars didn't notice how close he came to losing a leg, as a spear pierced straight through his chest, just as his fingers came mere meters away from his goal, Ace. "Just a little further..." Blood dripped down with each of his words, his eyes glazed into a blank state, "Ace-" no more words came out as he fell down causing a wave of earthquake.

Doflamingo watched the scene before bursting out in laughter, "-Justice will prevail?! But of course it will!" His fingers forced another pirate to commit fratricide as his laugh resounded throughout the battlefield, "Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"

Konan watched the scene with no small amount of disgust. With a swipe of her hand, a dozen Ko appeared all over the battlefield, all watching him with a taunting smile and a middle finger raised. That would be enough to distract him for some time. Meanwhile, Nanko appeared on the scaffolding, a few feets away from Ace.

"Officer Nanko," the two officers in charge of watching over Ace, glanced at Nanko, unsure what his purpose was. They sighed in relief when Nanko simply sat down, a few feets away from Ace and not far from a mournfully contemplative Garp.

"Don't worry, I'm just here as back up to watch over Ace." His smile was too big to be sincere, but no one noticed. Except maybe Ace who avoided his gaze. Ashamed or distracted.

"Nanko," Garp sighed. "You shouldn't be here."

Nanko simply shrugged, "They don't need me to win this war."

Garp didn't say anything, gritting his teeth, tears veiling his eyes—he had been talking to Ace, that much was visible. His face was heavy with regret. If only Ace had become a Marine, he could have lived.

Sengoku simply warned him, "If you do something foolish, I will not hold back on you Garp." He knew how much he cherished his family, but before being his friend, he was first and foremost the Fleet Admiral in charge of millions of lives.

"Damn it!!!" Shoutings could be heard from the sky, approaching at a fast pace. Nanko glanced up, before covering up a smile. He wouldn't be Luffy if he didn't do something stupidly reckless. If they weren't in the middle of a war, she would have thoroughly scolded him, but what good would she be as a sister if she didn't help him out sometimes.

Nanko twisted his hand unnoticeably, concentrating on the butterfly he could feel on Luffy. Within seconds, it enlarged and embraced Luffy, forming wings on his back and softening his fall.

Beside Nanko, Ace's mouth dropped open in stupefaction. "Huh?" When he recognized the straw-hat, he couldn't help but shout, "Luffy?!!"

The old man beside him was far from overjoyed at seeing yet another member of his family.

"Garp! Is that-" Sangoku's voice held an unmistakable bite to it.

"That's one hell of a team," Garp commented, staring at the bunch of renowned criminals—both pirates and Revolutionaries who had escaped Impel Down with Luffy. He blatantly chose to ignore Sangoku's comments. If he noticed the wings that appeared and disappeared on Luffy's back, he chose to wisely ignore it—he didn't know how he would feel if he had to face their older sister too. He knew she would stop at nothing to keep her brothers safe.

Nanko whistled, watching Luffy jump through the battlefield to protect Whitebeard from Crocodile. As Luffy came to a stand beside Whitebeard, people watched as new and old generations met to work together. "What an interesting combination..."

Without waiting any further, Luffy jumped headfirst into the battlefield, running as fast as he could to reach Ace.

Watching Luffy face countless enemies who appeared on his way, Nanko felt his fingers twitch in frustration, he wanted to pave his way with flowers and soft carpets, but now wasn't the time yet. Sangoku and Garp were both watching over Ace like hawks. Just as he was thinking about doing something to ease his fight, Ace's voice abruptly spread from beside him.

"Stay away !! LUFFY!" Ace shouted, "-You're such a weakling. You think I'll forgive you? Someone like you rescuing me?! This is humiliating!" His voice cracked, "Go home Luffy! Why did you come?!"

It wasn't hard to decipher his thoughts, Konan could easily guess what the man gritting his teeth and frowning really wanted to say. 'Don't endanger yourself for me.' But it didn't work that way.

Luffy didn't care about Ace's worries—he only had one thought on his mind, and that was to save his brother, "I am your little brother!!" His fists swept through the battlefield, knocking marines unconscious left and right. His allies helped pave the way for him, taking on the stronger opponents.

Sangoku could feel the situation slipping from his fingers so he dropped another bomb on the world. "What are you all doing? Allowing a rookie to beat you up! This man is a danger for the future, he is the son of... 'Revolutionary Dragon'!"

Nanko simply snorted, at this point, knowing that would change nothing.

But there was one thing he could do while he was still Nanko. He glanced at one sand man who had been trying to kill Whitebeard since a while ago. Looking at the two spearheads guarding Ace, he would have to wait a little longer before being able to do anything anyway.

"I'll be back." He jumped from the scaffolding, disappearing as he ran in the air, appearing beside Crocodile in mere seconds. "Hello, how have you been?" He kicked Crocodile's stomach, sending him flying against a Marine boat.

Whitebeard glanced at the blue-haired marine, tilting his head before recognizing him. "Nanko wasn't it?"

Nanko simply nodded at him before walking toward Crocodile. Showing signs of knowing Whitebeard would do him no good.

Whitebeard hummed in wonder before asking Marco, "Why do you think he's helping us?"

"Who knows..." Marco shrugged, Marines all had different agendas, there were often rogue Marines who refused to obey orders.

Crocodile pushed himself up, grinning at the approaching Nanko. "I haven't forgotten you," he laughed, "Nanko, or should I say K-"

Nanko cut him short, kicking his head and grabbing his feet before he was sent flying once again. "My, my, what were you about to say?"

Crocodile tried to disperse into sand to no avail, Nanko was far too proficient in Haki to let him escape. "I heard from your loose-mouthed brother." 

_________________

Chapter 100 yay 🥳🥳🥳