Chapter 73 | The Aegis District | Eye Of The Storm ❤️

Guided by Matthew's firm hand, Eko followed him down the busy streets until they arrived at a small, seedy alleyway, which, in Eko's opinion, looked like the last place they should be. Nevertheless, Matthew didn't seem fazed as he quickly set up a makeshift table with two crates and invited her to sit across from him.

As they settled in, a strange creature appeared out of nowhere, flanked by younger creatures carrying the most mouth-watering delicacies from the Aegis District. Eko was taken aback by the creature's appearance and the unusual way it jabbered as it held out a purple claw for payment.

Without missing a beat, Matthew dropped the payment into the creature's claw, causing it to disappear in a yap. As more food arrived, Eko couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation, overwhelmed by the endless supply of delicious dishes.

Looking up at Matthew, she felt a sense of excitement at the adventure that day had brought them, a spontaneous journey that had taken her by surprise, and one that she was more than happy to be a part of. Giggling again, she looked down at the overflowing table as a creature pulled another crate towards them, filling it with dishes she had never tasted before.

As they chatted and enjoyed the endless feast, Matthew offered her a small, ball-like delicacy on his fork, "takoyaki?"

"Do I want to know what that is?" Eko scrunched her nose.

Smirking, Matthew shook his head, "I'll tell you what it is after."

Eko couldn't resist, and she leaned across the makeshift table as her mouth wrapped onto the delicacy, relishing in the new and exciting flavors that came with every bite.

"H-holy, s-shit," she exclaimed among her mouthful, "that's really g-ood!"

Matthew beamed at her like a thousand suns, showing her a world of spontaneous adventure and normalcy without the weight of responsibility. They sat there, enjoying the moment and food, Eko at that point unaware of how lost he had been in the contemplation of their future.

 He couldn't shake the feeling that Eko was changing his life, but he also couldn't predict how it would unfold. His thoughts were consumed by this uncertainty for a while now, thoughts that he wasn't equipped to handle.

While he understood that they were in it for the same reasons, the idea of anyone else being with her made him uneasy. He wanted to selfishly keep what they had, and he didn't want to share it with anyone else, even though he knew it was impractical.

He pushed those thoughts out of his mind once again. She hadn't asked for anything from him, and he hoped she never would. He didn't want to have to answer any tough questions or complicate their arrangement. He didn't want to risk it all falling apart because of their involvement.

He wanted to keep things as they were, selfishly holding onto their attachment while remaining unattached. No rules, just pure and uncomplicated freedom without any expectations or demands.

He felt like the rest of his life was already dictated like that, and he didn't want his sex and love life to follow suit. Matthew craved something different, something free from the constraints of society's expectations and obligations. He wanted to keep control over that aspect of his life, even if it was just a small part, it was his to dictate.

"You're overthinking," she said, taking a sip of her hot sake. Her words drew his attention back to the captivating woman before him. It was evident that her intention was far from innocent, and she knew the effect she had on him.

"You're giving me that look, Eko," he said, unable to hide his desire for her.

"I know," she murmured, puckering her lips and nibbling on the bottom one, before continuing in a soft tone, "and I also know that you should take all that energy with your overthinking that you're doing, and put it to good use."