twenty five.

The rising sun casts a rosy hue across the morning sky as the chilly wind blows through Robyn's messy hair. Walking the shoreline, her feet touching the cold water as her eyes traveled to the seagulls flying over her head. For a brief moment, she forgot that she is stranded on a deserted island.

"Dammit!" Her thoughts were interrupted by someone shouting. Robyn turned her head towards the sound. She walked over.

"Hey," Sayid laid the battery down and looked up to her. "I'm guessing that it isn't working yet?"

"Sadly, no." Sayid answers.

Robyn kneeled beside Sayid. "I would love to help you out, but, technology and I aren't the best of friends. It isn't a dead battery I hope."

Sayid laughed. "The battery is perfectly fine. I just can't get it to work with the transceiver, in the way I wanted to."

"Can you make it work in some other way?" Robyn asked.

"Yes," Sayid sighed while putting a few parts down. "It will take me at least a couple of days before I get it to work."

Robyn nodded. "Where did you learn all of this?"

"In the army. I was a communications officer for the Republican Guard." Sayid explained while picking up a screwdriver. "So, tell me, what did you do before we got here?"

"I'm-" Robyn was about to answer Sayid's question, but corrected herself. "I was a cop. One case away before getting promoted to detective." Robyn pulled her legs up to her chest and wrapped her arms around it.

"Y-" Sayid wanted to proceed to ask further, but, didn't upon hearing a loud noise.

"Hey!" Sawyer yelled. "You want to keep it down?!"

"What's up with him?" Sayid asked Robyn.

Robyn shrugged. "I have no idea." Robyn pulled herself up and strode towards Sawyer, who was rubbing his temples with his fingers.

"Get up." Robyn playfully kicked his leg.

"What?" Sawyer rubbed his eyes before looking up at her.

"I said get up." Robyn places her hands on her hips.

Sawyer sighed. "No way. I'm fine."

"Sawyer, you're not fine! Jack needs to take a look at you." Robyn snatched the washcloth away from Sawyer, keeping it behind her back so he wouldn't grab it.

"Hey!" Sawyer hollers out while quickly getting up. "That's mine. Give it back." He held his hand out.

"You'll get it back once Jack takes a look at you, big boy," Robyn says, taking a step back as Sawyer tries to grab the cloth. "You want to race for it?"

"What?" Sawyer squinted his eyes shut once again.

Robyn chuckled. "The first one to arrive at the caves wins. If I win you let Jack take a look at you."

"What if I win?" Sawyer asked.

"If," Robyn says as her eyes travel to the jungle where the path to Jack lies. She didn't finish her sentence and ran as fast as she could to the path.

"Really!?" Sawyer shouted.

Robyn couldn't help but smile the whole way she ran towards the caves. It reminded her of her childhood. She could hear her mom scream for miles away toward her and her three brothers. They used to race against each other. Robyn would never win, cause she had little legs.

After five minutes she reached the caves. Robyn waved Sawyer's washcloth in the air, as a sign of victory. She finally won the race.

"I win." Robyn waves Sawyer's washcloth in front of his eyes.