seventeen.

"Ethan."

Ethan is the stranger amongst them. The predator who slid past her to blend in with the rest of them to get to Claire. The monster has been living under their noses for the past eleven days.

"He's not on the passenger manifest," Hurley says, pointing his finger to the list what she was holding.

Robyn couldn't recall sharing a few words with him or remember that monsters face. Well, how could she? Robyn never could recognize all forty-six of them. She tucks the manifest under her arm and rises to her feet. "Where is he?"

"Has anyone seen Ethan?" Robyn asks. Kate, Jack, and Hurley all looked up to her. "Has someone laid any contact with Ethan?"

"He went to get some wood. Took off on the path to the beach." Someone replies.

John Locke came up to them, folding his knife and tucked it away in his back pocket. "What's going on?"

"Where is Claire? And Charlie?" Robyn scanned with her eyes the group. Just a small amount of them moved to the caves after Jack stumbled upon it together with Locke, Kate, and Charlie. Everyone who stayed at the caves was supposed to keep an eye on Claire.

"I saw her leave with that tattoo guy." A teenager confessed.

"And you didn't stop them!?" Robyn raised her voice to the woman, taking a step forward. "I thought we agreed on keeping an eye on her? Which direction did she go?"

Jack pulled Robyn back, to keep a safe distance from her and the woman. "Robyn."

"What's your name?" Robyn pulled her arm free from Jack's strong grip.

The woman crosses her arms and took a big step back. "Olive."

"If something happens to them, " Robyn walked up to her. "I'm blaming you," She bumps her shoulder as she passes Olive. "If I were you I would start praying."

Olive froze. She realized that this situation is problematic for all of them, so to fight Robyn about something this little probably wasn't the best option. "I could help you find them." Robyn stopped.

"How?"

"I will show you where I saw them," Olive says bravely. She gently tucks her hair behind her ear. "I'm sick and tired of waiting for rescue to come. I want to help to do my part for this group and I mean the bigger part not to search for fruits and catch fish part." Olive nervously stuffed her hands into her jeans pocket.

"Okay. Let's go then."

Olive took Robyn, Locke, Kate, and Jack to the place where she last saw Claire and Charlie. It wasn't that far away from the caves, so if Ethan took them and they would scream for help someone must have heard it. Robyn crouched and brought her finger down to touch the mud.

"What do you see?" Olive asked. Of course, she wasn't a tracker like Robyn and Locke, but, she was eager to learn a few things from both of them.

"Footprints," Robyn says while pointing to the mud. It revealed a trail that disappeared into the jungle.

"I see at least three distinct sets all over the place It looks like there might have been a struggle," John explains.

"All I see is mud slush. I don't see any footprints." Olive noticed.

"That's because you don't know what to look for. Drag marks here, and here. Claire and Charlie. They were together." John says. Robyn rises up and walks slowly without destroying any tracks closer to the jungle. "I think they've been taken."

John sighs deeply. "The tracks are still fresh. It happened not too long ago."

"This doesn't make any sense. How can one man drag two people, one pregnant away from the group without any of us noticing it?" Jack asks.

"You're asking the wrong question. Not how, but, why?" John says.

"You think it was Ethan?" Kate asks worriedly.

"Yeah," Is all she could bring out to say. Why did she leave Claire out of her sight? Why did she go back to the beach to see if someone else needed help? If she just stayed with them, she might have prevented this. She needs to get them back. "I'm going after them."

"What!?" They all said at the same time.

"I can catch up to him. I can get them back," Robyn takes a few steps closer to John and said, "It's like you said: the tracks are still fresh."

"You're not going alone!" Jack yells, probably thinking this might be the stupidest idea she ever had.

John nods, he didn't have to think twice about agreeing with Jack. "I won't let you go alone, out there with your bow and arrow. You did see what he is capable of right?"

"You can't tell me what to do!" Robyn yells. Why are they holding her back? "I promised her to look after her, to find out who attacked her. I leave for five damm minutes and she is gone!"

She felt responsible for the disappearance of Claire and Charlie. "I'm going and you can't stop me!" Robyn tried her best to not shed any tears. She turned around, takes a deep breath and ran off into the jungle.

"Robyn!"

__________________________

For how long has she been tracking their trail? How many times did she pass that tree that looked like the polar bear Sawyer killed a few days ago. How many times did she change course and still ended up at the little stream where she refilled her bottle twice. Was she going insane? Perhaps. Either Ethan knew how to mess with her head and create another trail she didn't see or she lost her touch. Whatever it was, Robyn needed to find them and fast.

She needed to carry on, but, a growling noise coming from her stomach interrupted her. Robyn slides the straps of her backpack down and gently let it drop on the ground. She is grateful that she ran back to the beach to fetch her bag before she went after Ethan to get Claire and Charlie back. Robyn crouched and let her backrest against the palm tree, pulling her knees up to her chest.

Robyn looked up at the sky. It's going to be dark soon so she needs to decide if she stays the night in the jungle or if she is going back to the beach and pick up where she left off first thing tomorrow morning. She took a big sip, allowing the warm water to glide down her dry throat as her mind wanders off to Ethan. How did he end up on this island? Maybe he belonged with the Frenchwoman. If he was then why let Sayid go?

Robyn screws the top of her bottle back on, puts it back in her backpack and peeled her banana. She rises to her feet, threw the banana peel away and zipped her backpack while eating the last bit of her banana. Robyn lifts her backpack and slings her arms through the straps. As she adjusts her straps, she hears a voice whisper, feet shuffling a few meters away from her. Her hand moves to the knife, which was attached to her belt.

"Who is out there?" Robyn sticks her knife out ready to attacked whoever is out there. "John!?"

The feet shuffling became louder like it came running towards her. Chills are running over her spine as she heard a branch snap beside her. Robyn quickly puts her knife back and started to run for her life.