thirteen.

A fresh breeze flew through her long luscious hair. Her brown eyes were sparkling due to the moonlight what shines down on her. She felt good, a lot better than before. She needs this night with her friends. Robyn wanted to dance and drink some ice-cold on the rocks with her friends.

A soft tune of music was playing in the back, not to loud and not to quiet either. Hums of her friends fill the car as they pull into Santa Monica. This was their go to getaway town whenever someone needed to and this time Robyn was the one to call them up.

"So, what's the reason we are going out?" Mariyah turns her head to look back at Robyn, who struggled to keep her eyes open because she was tired. "Earth to Robyn!"

Robyn jolts up, totally forgetting that she was lost in her own thoughts for a few minutes. "What?"

"Are you okay, sleepy head?" For a split-second Mariyah looked worriedly at her best friend.

"Is it Jason? Oh, it must be Jason. Is he there too?" Jordyn asks as she keeps her eyes on the road. Mariyah and Everly's mouth both dropped open upon hearing about a guy named Jason. "You guys didn't know about Jason?"

Robyn sighs. "This isn't about Jason and I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys."

"I can't believe your hiding a guy from us!" Mariyah screams, a bit to loud because Jordyn nearly lost control over her car.

"So, what is really going on?" Everly asks nicely, ignoring Mariyah's sighs.

Robyn swallows, allowing her nerves to calm down. "My father got some bad news." She gently bites down on her lip, forcing herself not to start crying in front of her friends.

"Did his blood test results came back?" Jordyn asks as she scans the supermarket parking lot for an empty spot to park her car in.

"Yes." Robyn looked down at her hands, they were shaking badly. "He has cancer.

__________________________

Soaking wet, red puffy eyes and hugged up against a tree for any type off shelter for this rain and all she can think about is why in the world she cared for a guy like Jack. If it weren't for the plane crash, Robyn would never have met him. Never laid an eye on him. Never even thought about turning back to him and talk it all out. How could she be so stupid to let her guard down?

Colds chills are running down her spine before she wraps her arms around her body trying to get warmer. A small puff escapes her lips as she is trying to steady her breath.

Branches and leaves snapped a few meters away from her. Robyn jolts up, grabbed her bow and points it towards the tree line, where she thought she heard a noise.

"Put your bow down, Croft." A heavy voice spoke, coming out the jungle with his hands up.

Robyn lowers her bow. A sigh of relief escaped from her lips. "Is there ever going to be a moment when you don't sneak up on people?"

"I don't think so, sweetheart." Sawyer chuckles. "What are you doing so far away from the beach?"

"I can ask you the same thing." Robyn slings her bow over her head and lifted herself up from the ground. "I was heading back anyway." Robyn tried to walk past him, but, Sawyer won't let her leave that easy. He grabs her arms and gently pushes her back, there was only a few inches between them.

Robyn sighs. "What do you want, Sawyer?" Everything in her, tries to avoid any eye contact with him. She didn't want to talk about her feelings with him.

"Ey, look at me," Sawyer pulls his arm back, bringing her closer to him. "Have you been crying?"

Robyn pulls her arm back, trying to get out his grip, but, he wouldn't let go of her arm. She bangs her fists on his arms and chest, still not letting her go. "Let me go!" Tears are streaming down her face.

Sawyer gently pushes her head against his chest and wraps his left arm carefully around her waist. His warm breath flies over her cold wet cheeks, leaving tiny goosebumps behind. Robyn tries not to move, scared that Sawyer would back away from her.

"This is weird." She whispers, trying hard to not look up into his eyes.

"Yeah," Sawyer drops his arm beside him and takes a step back. "Let's forget about this." He says under his breath before walking away.

Her eyes followed him. She is pretty sure that she saw a new side of him. A side he rather won't show. A side maybe only she gets to see. Robyn almost giggled at the thought of Sawyer having a soft side. She couldn't really put a finger on it, but, she somehow felt save in his arms. In the arms of a man who tried hard to be hated by everyone. Robyn shakes her head, laughs and followed him back to the beach.

A few miles away from the beach and deeply lost in her own thoughts, she never noticed what happened in front of her. With her eyes glued to the ground, Robyn keeps walking. After a few seconds of complete silence, she started to wonder where the heavy pounding feet of Sawyer had gone.

"Sawyer?"

__________________________

Robyn searched his tent, asked around, but, no one seems to know where Sawyer is. Of course, asking around wouldn't get her far, because he isn't the favorite around here. Why did she feels to need to go search for him? If she was missing, he wouldn't go look for her, would he?

Robyn sighs and plopped down on the sand in front of Sawyer's tent. Her head is spinning, she didn't know why she is so worried about a guy who probably didn't care about her or did he? Why would he pull her into his arms to let her cry?

"Robyn, can we talk to you?" Robyn's thoughts get disturbed as Sayid kneels down in front of her. She looks up to him and sees that Jack is standing behind him.

"About what?" She asks. Sayid turns back to Jack, he nods. Something about the way he nodded made her stomach turn.

"It's about Sawyer." Sayid says.

Robyn jumps up. "Is he okay? Do you know where he is?"

"He's fine," Sayid sighs and crosses his arms. "We need you to talk to him."

"What's going on?" Her heart is beating faster than her brain could progress what was going on.

"We have reasons to believe that he stole Shannon's inhalers. We tied him up against a tree a few miles away from our camp. He doesn't want to tell us where he keeps them." Jack blurred out. He is angry, Robyn could tell.

"I don't think that Sawyer would steal her inhalers, Jack." Robyn says as she crosses her arms. The only reason why Sawyer would steal Shannon's medicine is if he had asthma himself, and she haven't seen him struggling with breathing.

"You don't know him, Robyn." He says while scratching the back of his head. "He wouldn't talk to us, even after we tried getting it out of him. We made a deal. He only wants to tell you where the medicine is."

"Oh my gosh," Robyn shakes her head, knowing what 'getting it out of him' meant. "I don't believe this!"

They both didn't respond, they both stared death at the ground, probably hoping that somehow she understands their reason for their actions. She can't believe they really have done that. How could they torture someone? Is there any proof he has them?

"Robyn?" Jack asks.

"Oh, shut up!" She yells, balding her hands into fists. "You guys were just waiting for something to blame on him!"

She didn't wait for a reply. She couldn't be more disgusted than she already was. Robyn is deeply disappointed with Jack and Sayid. How dare they try to take the law in their own hands. Robyn walks away from the two men, leaving them behind with hopefully lot of regret.