six.

Three shots were fired. Not more and definitely not less than three. Robyn and the rest of their group stopped directly when they heard the gun shots. They turned back to see Sawyer lowering a gun.

"That's. That's a big bear." Boone says quietly.

"Guys, this isn't just a bear." Sayid says.
Robyn didn't care for the bear that is shot by Sawyer. She is more focused and questioning on why Sawyer even has a gun in the first place. Something about it looked familiar, yet it wasn't hers.

"It's a polar bear." Kate runs her hands softly over its fur to make sure she wasn't fooling herself.

"That can't be a polar bear." Shannon says.

"It's a polar bear." Boone and Kate said once more.

"Where did that come from?" Robyn gently asks while taking a few steps closer to Sawyer.

"Probably bear village. How the hell do I know?" Sawyer turns to her.

"Not the bear, the gun." Robyn has a weird feeling in her stomach. For sure, it wasn't his gun. He wasn't the type to study half of his life to become a cop.

"I got it off one of the bodies." He replies.

"One of the bodies?" She questions.

"People don't carry guns on planes." Shannon says, confirming Robyn thoughts from earlier.

"They do if they're a US Marshal. There was one on the plane." Sawyer says eyeing each of us. Robyn didn't believe him. She never saw one boarding the plane. Well, not that she would remember anyway.

"How do you know that?" Robyn took a few steps closer to Sawyer. She was ready to snatch the gun from him.

"I saw a guy lying there with an ankle holster, so I took the gun, thought it might come in handy. Guess what, I just shot a bear!" He yells.

"So why do you think he's a marshal?" Sayid asks. Probably just as suspicious as Robyn.

"Because he had a clip-on badge! I-" Before Sawyer could finish, Robyn wraps her hands around his wrist, turns it and grabs the gun. Robyn points the gun at him. "Just do it, sweetheart."

Robyn pushes with her thumb on a little button to release the magazine, slides with her hand the top of the gun back to free the last round. She throws the empty gun on the ground before putting the magazine in her pocket. "Not today, sweetheart."

Sawyer quickly wraps his hand around Robyn's upper arm and pulls her to him, leaving an inch between their bodies. "I know your type."

"I don't think so." Robyn pulls her arm back, but, Sawyer is stronger than her this time, so no way he would let her go this easily.

"You act all like Lara Croft, but, deep down you are just weak!" Something flashes in his eyes. Robyn couldn't say what it was. With Sawyer, it could be a lot of things. She didn't really believe that he has a heart, at all. He seems not to care much about anyone.

Robyn tries once again to pull her arm back and this time Sawyer actually let her. She shoots him a death glare before storming off.

__________________________

"You can't run forever. Your my baby girl. Please come back to me." She sobs through the phone.

Robyn wasn't quite sure why she called her. She hasn't spoken to her for four months, so why did Robyn want to speak to her now. Was it regret or was she missing her? Robyn swore to herself that she would never speak to her mother again.

Especially after what happened at her father's funeral.

"Please.. Robyn. I need you." She hung up. She couldn't listen to her mother any longer than she already has. It still hurt her. She closes her eyes and softly breathed in and out to control her anger.

Her mind got disturbed by three gentle knocks. Robyn opens her eyes to see that her new partner, Scott Kelly, popped his head through the door. "Am I interrupting?"

"No. What's up?" Robyn puts her phone back in her pocket.

Scott walked in and closed the door behind him. "Did she call again?"

Robyn sighs. "No. I called her. Yeah, I know, why would you do that? Well, I don't know."

Robyn plopped back down in her chair and laid her head in her hands. I am not going to cry in front of Scott, she thought.

"She is your mother, Robyn." Scott took a few steps closer to Robyn and laid his hand down on her shoulder.

"She never was my mother! If it were up to her, she would trade me for a bottle of vodka!" Robyn pushes her body up from the chair, tears were burning in her eyes but, she won't let them win. 

"Robyn.." Scott softly spoke, wrapping his arms around her shaken body before pushing her softly towards him. Scott puts one finger under her chin to lift her head up to meet his eyes. He brings her head closer to hers.

"I can't, Scott. I'm sorry." Robyn pulls away before Scott could kiss her. She didn't dare him to look in her eyes and walked away as fast as she could.

__________________________

"Oh, now's a good time to check the radio. Not before, but now." Sawyer says rather irritated.

Robyn rolls her eyes. With everyone they could have crashed with, they crashed with a damm redneck.

"We're higher up." Sayid responds. He takes the transceiver out and presses the button a few times. "BAR!"

"Mayday! Mayday!" Sayid screams as loud as he can into the transceiver. Hoping for whoever is on the other side to hear him calling for help. Kate, Shannon and Boone all gathered around Sayid.

"What is that?" Kate reacts as when we all heard a non speaking English voice talking back to us.

"Feedback."

"From what? What would do that?" Kate asks again while Sayid turns every little knob on the transceiver.

"I'll tell you what. This guy not fixing the radio. The thing doesn't even work!" Sawyer hums, getting more on Robyn's nerves as every minute passes. Robyn puts her backpack back on and takes a few steps towards Sawyer.

"Will you shut up!" All eyes were focused on them. Robyn didn't care if they were staring at them. "If you're such a genius, why don't you fix the damn radio!"

Robyn storms off. She didn't leave the group. She just walked a few miles away to calm herself down. Her head is pounding like crazy, her arm is on fire and she wishes that she didn't tag along. Whatever what was going on behind her. She didn't care for.

Her stomach flips, her intestines turn into a big knot, hearing a weird noise rumble in her belly. Robyn drops down on her knees, thick sweat drops rolling down over neck, her fingers digging in the ground. She couldn't hold it in for much longer. A nasty liquid left her stomach.