five.

It has been two days since their plane crashed. It has been two long days without any hope of getting rescued. It only have been a few hours when they returned to the beach with a broken transceiver. It has been a full hour since she punched that guy.

Robyn sits leg crossed, on her usual spot, staring deeply at the ocean. Her long brown hair whirls in the wind, intensely lost in her thoughts, wishing she just could be home with her family.

From afar, Jack watches Robyn becoming one with the evening sun and wind, fully relaxed like she kind of forgot that they were stranded somewhere in the ocean. He is admiring her strength keep it all together, her courage to push through all the bullshit they are facing. Robyn has all of that burning inside of her, the urge to survive. Everyone looked up to him for answers, to lead the group but, they really should look up to her. She is born to be a leader.

Without knowing, Jack is slowly walking to her, not earning a look from her yet. He clears his throat to speak. "May I sit?"

Robyn turns her head, her brownish eyes travel up to his before nodding her head slightly. Jack plops down beside her, not really knowing what to say to her.

Robyn shifts next to him, pulls her legs up to her chest and let her right hand rest on top of her knee. The last bit of sun is shinning down on her skin, small droplets of sweat appearing on her arms. "I'm sorry for making fun of you."

"Thank you, Jack," A soft smile appears on her face. "And I am sorry for being a stubborn patient."

Jack couldn't help but, burst out in a small laughter. "That's fine. Really. It must be frustrating to not remember what happened."

"Yes, it is." Robyn sighs while wrapping her arms around her legs. "Do you think this might take longer than you expect?"

"What is the last thing you remember?" Jack asks.

"I.. I was on the phone with my mother. A few hours before I went to the airport. Like usual, we were fighting about her alcohol problem and of course she won't listen to me. I hung up, saying that she shouldn't be bothered to call me again." Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she pulls her legs closer to her chest, resting her head on her knees while looking at Jack.

He nods, knowing actually what Robyn went through. Jack fought the same battle with his father, a long time ago, before he ran away to Australia. "I know how it is to live with an alcoholic parent. You want to help them but, they keep shutting you down and blaming their problems on you."

"Your memory is perfectly fine, Robyn. I think you are stressed and for a reason you won't admit it. That's what is blocking your brain."

She lifts her head up. "I don't want to be weak." Robyn finally admits to herself. In her mother's eyes, she was always seen as the weakest in the family. That's why she daily worked her butt off to show her mother that she is worth it.

Studying late at night, scoring on most of her school tests excellent. Never miss a day of school, while her older brothers skipped classes regularly. Worked at the supermarket at the age of fifteen and still wasn't enough.

Robyn is glad that Jack decided not to say anything. She didn't really feel like explaining to him how it felt to grow up with a mother who kept pushing you to work harder and better.

Instead, they watched the sun go down.

__________________________

"Screw you!" A high pitch voice screams.

Robyn ties her laces, puts a few fruits and two water bottles in her bag before slinging her arms through the straps of her bag. She, Kate and Sayid are going to hike down to one of the mountains to see if they are able to send out a distress call.

"All they do is fight. I can't see how they got together in the first place." Kate speaks.

"No, you don't." She screams.

"OK, Shannon, What are you thinking?" He screams back.

"I'm going with them," Shannon turns to us. Her eyes lock with Robyn's. She slightly turns back to the guy behind her. "On the hike."

"Here they come." Sayid whispers, turning towards the two.

"I'd like to come with you."

"She's not going!" Robyn recognized his voice. This guy has short brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. She doesn't remember asking for his name because right after their little talk he ran off.

"The hell I'm not!"

"This is what she does!" Shannon opens her mouth to speak, but, didn't get any chance to say what she wanted to say. "Make bad decisions to upset her family, me."

"Shut up and stop trying to be charming. I'm coming with you." She spat.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I say quickly to avoid the awkward tension between us and the couple.

"What are you, two years younger than me!?"

"Excuse me?" She never spoke to this girl in her life and somehow she turned out to be the bad guy.

"Look, everybody can come, but we're leaving now." Kate says. No words were shared between Shannon and the guy because they both gave Kate a small nod.

"Let's go then."

__________________________

Robyn, Kate, Shannon, Boone, Sayid and Sawyer, who for some reason decided to join them on their little hike, were walking through the deep jungle. No words were shared between them, the noises of the jungle filled the air. From time to time leaves and branches crunched under neat their feet, not stopping them from achieving their goal.

"Why did you need a pen?" Robyn decided to ask, breaking the silence in the group. She could hear Sawyer laughing behind her.

"Sorry?" Boone didn't turn around to face her.

"When we crashed, you asked me if I had a pen, why?" The group hobbed over a small fallen tree.

"It was for Rose, you know the woman who still thinks her husband is alive?" Boone stopped and turned his head around to face her. "She wasn't breathing. I needed a pen to pierce a hole in her neck so she could breath."

"Good job, kiddo." Sawyer smirked, leaving a nasty taste on his words. Robyn rolls her eyes.

"Don't listen to him. He is being a jerk." Robyn says, giving Boone a small but appreciative smile. "It is a smart idea."

"Yeah, well, I was too late. Jack saved her." Boone admits. A quilty wave flashes in his eyes and Robyn wanted nothing more than to tell him that he did everything he could do to save her.

"OK. Wide open space. Check the radio, see if we're good." Sawyer waves his arms around to show how open the field was.

"We're not gonna have reception." Sayid says as Kate and Shannon both took a sip of water.

"Just try it."

"I don't want to waste batteries." Robyn grabs her water bottle, screwed the top off and offered her bottle to Boone, who gladly accepted.

"I'm not asking to keep it on." Sawyer let out a sigh.

"We're blocked by the mountain."

"Check the damm radio!"

"If I check, we might not have any juice left when we get to-" Sayid stopped talking as the group heard something move in the bushes. A deep and rusty growl escaped the bushes and bounced of the palm trees.

"Oh, my god."

"What the hell's that?"