2. the mourning hour

TIED SOULS

chapter two ; the mourning hour
[ season three - episode five-six ]

chapter two ; the mourning hour[ season three - episode five-six ]

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 suffocated the blonde as she stood in the tiny box known as the elevator. She felt as though she was standing in her very own coffin, her future still undetermined. It was risky, that stunt she had pulled, abandoning her pack for Derek and Cora, ensuring he was healing properly before she dared to leave them. She had returned to a deafening silence in the apartment that afternoon, partly because of her, partly because she wasn't the only one to stray from the tracks. Ethan and Aiden had too. They were all suffering a taste of silent treatment. The older wolves refused to acknowledge their presence. Disappointed in them, allowing the three to fester in their guilt until it eventually ate the three of them alive. She didn't know how Ethan and Aiden felt, whether the tactic would work on them, but it was working on her.

Had they decided to teach her a lesson like the one they taught Derek, she wouldn't live to tell the tale. Instantaneous healing wasn't an option for her.

Despite the silent treatment, Gabby still found herself in the elevator with Deucalion. He needed a guiding arm, and today, it appeared he wasn't in the mood to deal with Kali or Ennis. When he held out an arm for you, you took it and followed. That was the rule. You didn't need to be talked to, you knew where you stood in his pack. Especially her. As low as rock bottom. The only human deserved such a place. She was unsure where he would take her, perhaps to her demise.

She thought about it, how it would be a full circle had she come to her demise tonight. It would be ironic. To be killed by the same Alpha pack that killed her parents. How dying that way would be meeting the same fate they had. She had always been told she was a lot like her father, dying the same way would solidify that.

She was sure that the Alpha was revelling in the sound of her thumping heart, knowing it was him who might be the reason it came to a stop. He would probably treasure it, he would frame the heart of the girl he had raises for seven years, placing it on a mantel, a place beside Derek's perhaps after he had claimed that too. Because this would end in a death. She was sure of that. Maybe she didn't know Derek so well as she once did, but if he was anything like he used to be, he wouldn't give in, he'd fight until his dying breath.

She didn't want Derek dead. Not even after everything that had happened. She may have wished him dead a few times, but if it ever did happen, she would die just from the ache of her mourning heart.

As the elevator pinged, her heart left her chest. She watched the doors open on the third floor, three more floors until she found out where she was headed. A boy was standing on the opposite side of the door, his head down as he entered the small, claustrophobic box, failing to raise it until he was spoken to. Going down? Deucalion asked him. The boy quickly raised his head, his eyes growing wide as he realized who he was sharing it with. He had met the infamous Alpha just a few days ago, if not for Deucalion's intervention, a strong command for his youngest Alphas to stop, he and Isaac might have been toast. If not for him, they would have been mauled by the freaky twins who could combine their bodies to form one obnoxiously large werewolf.