5. weakest link

TIED SOULS

chapter five ; weakest link
[ season three - episode nine ]

chapter five ; weakest link[ season three - episode nine ]

𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 she had replayed this moment in her head a million times, thinking of every outcome she'd be met with when she had finally lost her mind enough to go through with it. She could see only a few good outcomes for what she planned to do, and the good ones were plainly stupid. Hopeful. Her life was anything but hopeful, and yet, she still carried on. She found herself standing before the penthouse apartment she had lived in for only a matter of weeks, it had only taken a few weeks for the Alphas to shed blood, even more blood that she couldn't forgive them for. Now she was the one here to seek forgiveness.

It was what she had to do, if she wanted her life, she would have to beg for their forgiveness, she would have to get on her knees and pray that she had been loyal enough the past seven years of her life that Deucalion could forgive her for her absence the last few days. In both the apartment and the fights that had taken place.

Perhaps she was in over her head to think that Deucalion was capable of forgiveness, especially after who she had sided with. This wasn't just an enemy anymore, or a potential pack mate, this was Derek Hale. The man who had killed Ennis. The man who had slipped through their fingers multiple times since their arrival, avoiding the task that Deucalion set for him. Perhaps she was a fool to not run for the hills rather than straight back into trouble. She couldn't see what else she could do. She couldn't rely on Derek to protect her, Kali had proven her determination, the only way to save her own life was to find herself on the right side of the fight. The bad side.

With a lump in her throat, she raised her hand, knocking on the door, maybe it would be the last thing she would ever do in her life. Before Kali got her hands on her. Or Deucalion himself. There was a chance that this betrayal was even too much for him. Everyone else in the pack had before overstepped, he had forgiven them, every time in fact. She was yet to figure out whether her acts of betrayal were worse than the likes of Kali, Ennis, and the twins.

As the door opened, her heart stopped. Deucalion stood before her with his mouth pulled into a malevolent smile, looking down on her through his glasses. "Welcome home, Gabby," Deucalion spoke as her heart began beating rapidly in her chest. "I think we have a lot to catch up on."

The man moved aside, allowing the girl into the apartment as she stepped carefully, refusing to put her guard down just because he had given her a warm greeting, he was a manipulator, warm greetings meant nothing. One moment, he could act how he often acted with her, fatherly, but it could change in an instant, he could decide that she had gone too far with her rebellion this time and kill her like he had killed many people before. As she moved through the apartment, Gabby found herself in the grand living room, poorly lit, just as Deucalion liked it, Kali stood with folded arms, scowling as she looked at the girl who had been welcomed back, something that, if it were up to her, she wouldn't have allowed. If it were up to her, Boyd wouldn't have been the only one to die that night. Gabby would have become a close second. She still wished for that, while their Alpha had been lenient enough to let her go after Derek, she had remained under the very strict instruction that no harm should come to sweet little Gabby. They still needed her.