13. light in the darkness

TIED SOULS

chapter thirteen ; light in the darkness
[ season three - episode twenty]

chapter thirteen ; light in the darkness[ season three - episode twenty]

𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 on the counter beside Allison and Scott, Gabriella listened as Argent explained from his current residence, the Sheriff's Station, the latest problems that they were encountering in helping a boy who'd been overtaken by a Nogitsune. Since Stiles had been sanctioned in Eichen last night he had been made a priority in everyone's lives, all of them desperate to help him as fast as they could, even after what he had done to all of them they were all striving to get back the Stiles they knew and sometimes loathed. But the problems, as Argent explained to the three of them, were firstly that the lichen Deaton had injected into him was not a cure for whatever Void was doing to him, but only a suppressant that would wear off in a matter of days. Though it did keep the Oni away from him while it was in his system, as Deaton agreed as he listened in on the phone call, it would protect him from the Oni, but what it couldn't protect him from was the peculiar events of Eichen House, in his words, even the Oni might not be safe there.

Both the two teenagers and Gabriella shared uneasy looks at the man's words, wishing he didn't tell them that part, while it gave them more of an incentive to get Stiles out of there, they lacked the power to help him while he was in there, he was on his own in there, fighting against Eichen House and the effects it had on people.

The second problem came from Deaton, he had checked with Argent's contacts in Japan that he had sent him too, and the yakuza boss that he had seen when he was just a teenager had never found the Shugendō scroll. A scroll that Scott still needed a little more clarification on, he lacked a father that could fill him in on things like the Japanese mafia, as for Gabriella, she'd been given the low down on the mafia from Allison on the drive over to the clinic.

As Deaton told the wolf, the Shugendo were ascetic mystics of Japan, and as Chris added over his phone call, it had contained information on how to exercise a Nogistune. In Kinsey's terms, the ones that Scott found much easier- it was a scroll that they needed to get their hands on as soon as possible. That seemed to correlate much easier than Deaton and Chris's explanation.

"I did get the name of the man who last purchased it," Deaton informed the hunter. "Kincaid."

Allison's eyes lit up at the name Kincaid, she recalled that he had been with Katashi, hoping it was a piece of information that may benefit them. He was the guy who'd met with Isaac to buy the gun. Katashi wanted the scroll for himself. Allison hoped that would get the ball rolling on their attempt of gaining it, however, Argent had already spoken to Stilinski about it, he hadn't found anything like the Shugendō scroll amongst Katashi's belongings, he was a paranoid man who would have kept something so valuable close to him. With that in mind, Allison asked the two men what the scroll might look like. Deaton pulled something similar out of his drawers and handing it to the teenage girl, it was much bigger than she expected, leading her to ask if it could come in different sizes. Any, the man nodded. As she hoped he would say, she believed she knew exactly where Katashi had been keeping the scroll.