6. the overlooked

TIED SOULS

chapter six ; the overlooked
[ season three - episode ten-eleven ]

chapter six ; the overlooked[ season three - episode ten-eleven ]

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 crashed and lightning struck as the Jeep swerved side to side on the wet tarmac of the roads, inside sat Stiles who nervously peeked through the wind view mirror every so often to see a growing storm, beside him, the anxious Gabby on the phone to Peter, hoping to hear that Cora's condition was improving. Unfortunately, it had gotten worse, and was continuing to get worse as every second passed. It wasn't good, he told the girl as she promised she would be there as soon as possible, explaining to him what she had to do first. Peter called her stupid for it, for using the Alpha's dead child as a way to convince Derek she was deserving of his trust, not only did it run a risk of not working, but Peter knew as well as anyone, this wasn't the time to tell Derek. It wasn't the right way to tell someone they had lost a child before they even had it.

Gabriella knew Peter was right, she wholeheartedly agreed. It wasn't the most appropriate time to tell him, nor was it the right way to do it, but she saw no other choice. Cora was dying because of Jennifer, Jennifer who still had Derek wrapped around her little finger. There was nothing else she could do. For seven years she had thought of the day she would tell Derek the truth, if it ever come, this wasn't what she pictured for it.

She had imagined a day far into the future, the two of them would be older, more mature, ready to see each other again, capable of having a civilised conversation about their past together, she would sit him down, talk to him, and explain what had happened back then. She would be able to explain why she didn't tell him about it sooner, where it had all gone wrong for them and the child they never got to have. They would heal from it together. They would accept it, giving their child the memory it deserved, not use it as a piece of leverage or as some pawn in a scheme like she was being forced to do tonight.

When her phone call with Peter ended, the woman sat in silence, staring at the waving trees the car passed, thinking of how she would blurt out to Derek that they had had a child together, and as quick as they gained it, they had lost it. Stiles regularly peered over at the woman, he felt the guilt wash through him as he thought about how he would feel if he was ever in her shoes, he'd hardly talked to the woman before, he had heard more about her than he had from her, but the boy still felt sympathy for her and her situation. Nobody deserved to do what she was having to do tonight, it was something neither of them would wish on their worst enemy.

"There might be another way, you know, so you don't have to tell him." Stiles spoke up, hoping that through Scott paying a quick visit to Deaton, they would find that other way for the sake of the woman sitting in his car, her heart shattering with every mile they grew closer to Derek's loft.