3. unlikely allies

TIED SOULS

chapter three ; unlikely allies
[ season three - episode seven ]

chapter three ; unlikely allies[ season three - episode seven ]

𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍 early September morning, two teenagers waltzed into Derek's quiet loft, seeing that the Alpha pack's symbol had been painted onto the large loft window, just like Cora had told them it had. She knew that her big brother wouldn't be happy that she had told the other two betas that the pack had trespassed the loft to leave their mark on the window, yet another warning that the Alphas were coming for him. Tonight. But she couldn't see any other chance. Not after what had happened last time he went up against them, he had almost died, she couldn't risk it again.

Derek sat on his metal spiral staircase, a roll of his eyes as he saw the two betas walk in, he knew that Cora was to blame for this, all of her questions that she had asked him were just to fill in the two werewolves, hoping to give them as much information as possible when she recruited them to help. "Go back to school."

Gabby Dawson walked in behind the two teenagers, insisting that neither of them could do such a thing, another roll of the eyes came from Derek as he stood up to greet the three intruders. She had also been recruited, a crucial part of her text to the two wolves was to hunt down Gabby and talk her into helping them. With Cora's specific instructions, it was easy enough to do, just as she had assumed, Gabby had remained in the sanctuary of Peter's apartment, still unprepared to go back and face the Alpha pack. All it took was mentioning Cora being in danger to get her aboard their elaborate plan to defeat the Alpha pack and end the fight.

"Boyd and Isaac are incredibly sick." The woman explained, at least that was what she had told a receptionist at the school as she pretended to be their older sister.

"With what, brain damage?" The Alpha questioned her.

"Well, I have a migraine. And Boyd here has explosive diarrhea." Isaac explained with a smile, he had won the rock paper scissors that determined those results, they had to find some fun in this situation. They were teenagers whose entire lives revolved around death, if they didn't laugh at the little things, they might just go insane.

Boyd digressed from the pretend explosive diarrhea, telling the Alpha that they were all here to protect him. Derek didn't know where to begin, all he knew was that if he had to rely on them it meant that he was in more trouble than ever, he was humored by it. Isaac Lahey, Vernon Boyd, and Gabriella Dawson. That was what his life had come to. Being protected by those three. Two of his helpless betas who were supposed to be in school and his high school girlfriend who just three days ago was screaming at him for not telling Cora that he was alive, projecting all of her feelings, disguising them with the mention of his little sister. Though Derek hadn't seen through that, he might have thought of himself as somewhat of a ladies' man, but if there was one thing that he didn't understand in this world, it was the mind of a woman.