11. corcusation

TIED SOULS

chapter eleven ; corcusation
[ season three - episode eighteen ]

chapter eleven ; corcusation[ season three - episode eighteen ]

"𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐘! 𝐆𝐀𝐁!" The Dawson man's voice shouted through his quiet house, waiting for his teenage daughter to mumble an acknowledgment. Wondering if she would pull herself out of the gloomy, dark bedroom she had kept herself locked in for the past seven months, refusing to see the light of day, even if it were just through the curtains. "Gabby, we're leaving!" He shouted again, both he and his wife Eva looked up the dark staircase, losing hope that they would see their daughter for the first time today. As a matter of fact, the first time this week. The most they saw of her was a shadow walking to the bathroom, a quick glimpse of her, it was a miracle they remembered the teenage girl's face.

Just as the two turned to the front door hopelessly, the sound of her bedroom door creaking to an open alerted them, quickly turned their attention back to the top of the staircase. A seven month pregnant Gabriella stood wrapped in an oversized jumper, hiding the fact she was pregnant at all. Her eyes were dark, restless, as though she hadn't slept a wink despite lying in her bed for the better part of five months. "Where are you going?" The teenager asked hoarsely. "It's a full moon. You should stay inside tonight." She warned them, unaware that it was the early afternoon, not at all night like her dark bedroom might imply.

"Pack business." Eva declared. "We will only be a few hours. You're going to be okay being alone for a little while, right?" She asked, her eyes glancing down to her daughter's stomach, it wasn't anywhere near Gabby's due date, she was only seven months along, but she still worried that it would be when she wasn't around that her grandchild would choose to make an appearance. It was something that both she and Mark wanted to be there for, their daughter needed them now more than ever, they wanted to ensure they could do that for her. They did everything to ensure they could be there for her, that they were able to keep her and her baby safe.

"The pack?" Gabriella questioned. "But the pack are all in Beacon Hills?" She stated, the detail her mother hoped the baby brain had allowed her to forget. But alas, when it came to that town even she couldn't forget about it. "Actually, uh, can I come?" Gabby asked in a mumble, scared

that she had crossed a line, her parents had tried to keep her out of werewolf business as much as possible, given what she had gotten into the last time she had been so closely involved with a werewolf. Eva and Mark glanced at one another, as though the two were telepathically arguing about it before the woman turned to her daughter with a painfully fake smile, agreeing that she could come.

While their daughter rushed off to dress more appropriately, Eva and Mark turned to each other, the woman narrowing her eyes at her husband. Is it really a good idea to bring her? Eva asked in an angry whisper, flailing her arms around as she spoke of the risks, reminding him of the events that had taken place this year because their daughter had been around werewolves. Because of her involvement, she was now going to be a teenage mother, her best friend was murdered, they had to become one of them just so she could be safe. Mark knew all of this, of course he knew it, his entire life revolved around it, which wasn't a regret of his. The pack can protect her too, Mark argued his case, they couldn't protect a girl they had only met less than a handful of times. That was a point Eva struggled to argue with, nor did she have the chance to before Gabby appeared at the top of the stairs again, ready to come and see the pack again.