12. letharia vulpina

TIED SOULS

chapter twelve ; letharia vulpina
[ season three - episode nineteen ]

chapter twelve ; letharia vulpina[ season three - episode nineteen ]

𝐀𝐒 the brunette girl slept on her lap, the blonde brushed her fingers through her hair, soothing the girl while she stared at the double doors ahead of them, the ones they had been trying their best to peek behind all night, neither of them had succeeded. It had been a long weekend as the two of them awaited news on his condition. It was no surprise that Allison had fallen asleep the moment she had rested her head. Being a teenager in this town was never easy, there was a new reason to grieve every day. Allison had had her fair share of grief, while sitting around waiting for news, she had confided in the girl who insisted she would be staying with her. The teenager had filled in Gabriella's gaps of knowledge of herself and the Argents, the things that had happened to them since moving to this town, how the first death she had experienced was just a little over a month after coming here, her aunt Kate, courtesy of Peter's claws. The next, a month after, her mother who had died to follow a hunter's code, one she had since made sure to eliminate. Now, she was scared that Isaac would be next in line to die. Perhaps he wasn't an Argent, but perhaps that was how this worked, this curse that seemed to follow her family, maybe all that it took was being around an Argent for people to get hurt.

After sitting and waiting for the boy, praying he would get better, it had become clearer to Allison that she had feelings for him, ones she had been denying before, pushing them aside for Scott's sake. She hadn't anticipated liking Isaac, the two of them used to hate each other. But, as she'd told Gabriella, it snuck up on her. And as Gabriella reassured her, it always did. Nobody had ever quite anticipated the moment they would find themselves hung up on someone, she knew that she never saw it coming with Derek. One minute he was a kid hounding her in detention, and the next, they had an entire history.

Gabby never expected that she would be sitting in the halls of a hospital, confiding in a teenage girl about her life, or having it returned. But she liked it. It was a warm feeling, knowing that the teenage girl trusted her enough to tell her things, things she insisted she couldn't tell her dad, it was still a touchy subject. It was like she had truly experienced what being a mother was like, of course, she would never experience it with her own daughter, but Allison was a close second to her. Allison might just be the closest she ever got to having a daughter.

On Monday morning, after Isaac had been in the ICU for an entire two days, the two McCalls had stepped onto the ward, hoping to check over the werewolf before Scott went to school, hoping it would give them both some peace of mind. Something had to be getting better, with Stiles M.I.A still, it had to be Isaac that brought them some hope. It had taken them two days to build up the courage to visit him, neither wanted to see the state he was in, they had caught a glimpse of it on Friday night, how it had made even Gabby sick, literally. It had taken two days to try and erase it from their minds. Though they could still hear the screams of innocent people in the parking lot, finding either people dead, or like Isaac, on the brink of it.