Chapter 14: The Tower of Heaven

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Writing/reading

Third Person P.O.V

(Several Years Ago)

Makarov found himself sitting on one of the many tables in Fairy Tail. He was watching as all the members found themselves chatting with one another, looking at the job board, or on the verge of starting a fight. As he was sitting there, an individual walked up beside him and caught his attention. (Y/n) was staring up at him and gave him a simple way of hello.

However, as he gave him a smile as a greeting, he noticed that he was wearing a backpack that looked rather full, and in his hands was his book. Though, he was using it similar to a tray as a small plate and fork were on it. Whatever was on the plate couldn't be seen as it was being covered up by a napkin.

Makarov: "Oh? You heading off somewhere?" he asked.

(Y/n): "...yes. A... uh... job?" he questioned.

Makarov: "You sure? Why not wait for Laxus to come back from his job? Or ask someone else to go with you? How about Erza? She's still new around here." he pointed out.

(Y/n) looked over to the main entrance of the guild with Makarov following the direction he was looking at. Sitting at one of the tables all by herself was a young girl around (Y/n)'s age. A girl with short, scarlet red hair and brown eyes wearing armor that fit her neatly. She had a white eyepatch over her right eye. Her name was Erza Scarlet.

She was sitting there not interacting with any of the other members of the guild. Just eating a loaf of bread as she did any other day.

(Y/n): "Asked... nothing... others busy." he explained.

Makarov let out a sigh and nodded his head. Erza was still new to the guild, but she had all but refuse to speak or interact with others unless absolutely necessary. He had hoped that the kids would be able to get her to open up, but that didn't go to plan. Cana kept her distance, Levy tried but was ignored, Gray only tried picking a fight, and (Y/n) startled her at first(due to his mask) and was punched, but this didn't stop him from trying to befriend her... he couldn't get her to talk.

Though, it was Gray and (Y/n) who were the most persistent out of everyone. Gray just wanted to beat her while (Y/n) was different. Makarov knew how he thought, people in Fairy Tail were simply family in his eyes. With no home to speak of and nowhere else to go, they accepted him in.

(Y/n) was trying his best to form a bond with his new family member, even if they were to hate him. Makarov only smiled as he'd always liked this about him. Family meant everything to him and he showed it in his own ways.

Makarov: "Still, you don't have to go. You can always wait till someone is free and-" he tried to tell him, but (Y/n) shook his head.

(Y/n): "I... burden... pull, uh, wait? No... weight?" he asked.

Makarov: "Who said you were a burden?" he asked, with a hint of anger hidden within his voice.

(Y/n): "I know... I want... need to..." he stopped before placing his hand over his heart.

(Y/n): "Laxus... proud! ... please Master." he begged.

Makarov: 'You really look up to him, don't you?' he thought to himself before presenting a gentle smile.