Chapter 11: Moral Support

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Writing/reading

Lucy P.O.V

I found myself sitting at my desk early in the morning. The sun was out, and I could hear the chattering of people passing by my apartment building. It was just another day in Magnolia, and I was writing another letter to Mom as per usual, like I do every week. I felt myself smiling a bit as to all of the things that had happened since writing my last letter. Where to even begin? I hesitated for a bit before thinking of the right place to start, and I grabbed my quill to dip the tip in the inkpot before I began writing.

Me: [Dear Mom, it's been about two weeks after we defeated Phantom Lord, and we started rebuilding the guildhall. At first, I thought things would've been gloomy during the rebuild, but then I remember what guild I was in. For the first week, everyone went on as if it was just another day in the guild as we began rebuilding... it didn't help that a fight would break out, as usual, resulting in part of the guild that was rebuilt to be destroyed again.] I wrote.

I stopped writing for a second as I let out a sigh, just remembering it.

Me: [Erza got so mad that she ended up hitting anyone who caused damage with any piece of lumber that happened to be near her... but that would just end up causing more damages.] I wrote.

I shook my head as I remembered Erza sending Natsu flying through the wall and breaking it. That was when my eyes landed on my new good luck charm, and I felt my cheeks heat up a bit as I stared at it. It was a keychain of the newest character in (Y/n)'s children's book series, the Star Maiden. She was basically me wearing a midnight blue robe with golden stars scattered on it. (Y/n) gave it to me a few days after we started rebuilding the guild saying that he hoped it would make me feel better. 

But it took me a minute to snap out of it as I quickly looked away and back at my letter.

Me: [Though thanks to a friend of mine, any damages they cause could be rebuilt by him thanks to his magic. Honestly, we've been able to get most of the guild repaired since he spends most of his time rebuilding. He did worry us when he began to overwork himself, but thankfully Mira and Erza made him rest every so often. During that time, he got me something because he thought that I was feeling down. It was honestly sweet of him.] I wrote down.

Me: [But it wasn't long before things suddenly took a turn for the worse when the second week came. We were confronted by the Rune Knights, the Magic Council's army. Natsu and Happy tried to make a run for it, but that went as well as you would expect. They rounded everyone up and took us to a military post for extensive questioning. We had to endure a week of daily interrogations, but everything seems to have blown over now.] I wrote.

Me: [From what I can gather, the Council has decided to make a ruling on Fairy Tail's punishment at a later date. But you don't have to worry about me, Mom. I don't think they're gonna be too hard on us. All of the evidence, including eyewitness reports, clearly show that Phantom was the one who attacked us first. And besides, if something were to happen, I know that we could pull through together.] I wrote.

I was about to end my letter there until I heard his voice at the back of my mind.

(Y/n): "So I'll look after and support you no matter what. You and the guild. That's who I am. I 'll support everyone in Fairy Tail... even if I lose an arm, a leg, my magic, everything I have, I'll still support everyone no matter what. I won't lose another family member." I remembered him saying.