Chapter 12: Remember ███ ███ ███

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Writing/reading

Third Person P.O.V

Sitting alone on a beach in a hidden cove, (Y/n) found himself looking up to the sky. A blanket of darkness shrouded the once blue sky with the only source of light being that of the world's celestial neighbor. He sat there quietly as his book was floating beside him closed as a purple glow radiated from it similar to that on Galuna Island.

No matter how many times (Y/n) stares up at the star-filled sky, he never grew tired of watching them. To him, it felt calming and gazing up to them, he couldn't help but feel a bit of familiarity when it came to it. Even when he first awoke, the stars were the only thing that familiar to him in a world he couldn't understand or remember.

He stared up at the Aquarius constellation and thought back to Galuna Island. When (Y/n) was there, he met some of Lucy's Celestial Spirits, though, he doesn't count Taurus as he was being controlled at the time. His interaction with Aquarius, however, was a bit strange. After looking away from Lucy in annoyance due to being summoned, Aquarius looked down towards him and stared. Sure, most people would stare at (Y/n) due to his mask, but it was different with Aquarius.

Aquarius floated down right in front of him.

Aquarius: "What do we have here? ...wait, aren't you a-" she suddenly reached underneath (Y/n)'s hood.

She moved her hands gently through his hair to grab his ears. What (Y/n) saw on Aquarius's face was her eyes widening as Lucy yelled at her.

Lucy: "What are you doing?!" she demanded to know.

Aquarius: "...I can't believe you managed to find someone like you and this mask. Interesting. Wait, don't tell me... are you this loner's boyfriend? You must have your hands full with this one." she said to him.

The last part of what she said seemed off. It felt as if she wanted to say something else only to change the subject entirely. (Y/n) shook his head as he continued to look at the constellation.

(Y/n): "Perhaps I am overthinking things." he said to himself.

Cana: "What are you overthinking?" she asked.

Hearing her voice, (Y/n) quickly looked down to the sand as he grabbed his hood and pulled it down. The sound of water splashing as it moved over to him told him that Cana was moving over to him.

She let out a giggle as she watched (Y/n) hide his face because of her. When they arrived there, Cana had removed her capri pants to reveal the light blue bikini bottom she had underneath. To Cana, this wasn't any different from how she walked around with only a bikini top covering her upper torso. (Y/n) on the other hand, felt different on that matter.

Cana: "Oh come on, this is lax compared to what I usually do." she said with a smirk.

(Y/n): "You mean skinny dipping..." he said quietly.

Cana grinned as she walked over and sat down beside him.

Cana: "Yup. I mean, I feel that you should've gotten used to seeing me like that after all these years." she pointed out.

(Y/n): "I'll never get used to seeing you... nevermind." he said before sighing.

Cana laughed and reached her arm around his shoulder to pull him close to her.