Why...

-Brecklynn's Pov-

I woke up feeling great this morning. The beds were so comfy oh my goodness it felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. I finally ended up getting out of bed and getting ready for the day. I walked out of my room and found Addison sitting on the couch.

B: "Hey, are you excited for school today?"

A: "Yep, just nervous to be in a whole new environment."

B: "Yea same-"

I got interrupted by a knock on the door. I walked over to the door and opened it. Ben was there holding papers that I was assuming was our schedules.

Ben: "Hey here are your schedules! If you guys need help around the campus at all let me know!"

He says with a smile on his face.

Br: "Ok thank you so much I appreciate it!"

Ben: "No problem!"

He then walks away and I close the door. While I was walking over to Addi I was looking at our schedules and it turns out me and Addi have the exact same classes. Phew I thought I was going to be stuck alone.

B: "Addi we have all the same classes!"

A: "Oh thank goodness."

Me and Addi left early so we could find our classes. They were all pretty close which makes it way more convenient. Wyatt and Zed have all the same classes as us as well. We met up with them in between first and second period to see what classes they had. The day went by pretty fast. I honestly like this school way better than regular college and get this we don't have homework but everything still sticks in your brain.

I started walking over to Wyatts dorm because I wanted to hangout with him. I knocked on the door and Zed answered.

Z: "Oh hey B what's up?"

B: "Hey nothing much! I was just wondering if Wyatt was here?"

Z: "Yeah he is in the room on his laptop I believe."

B: "Ok cool thanks Zed!"

Z: "No problem! Is Addi in your guys dorm?"

B: "Yup!"

Z: "Cool! I'll see you later!"

B: "Cya!"

I walked over to his bedroom door and opened it. What I saw there just broke my heart. I stood there in shock. Mal and Wyatt kissing. I turned around and ran out of the dorm so fast. I heard Wyatt yell my name but I just kept running until I made it to my dorm. I went in and locked the door. Then I stood there and cried. Addison and Zed heard me and came running out of Addi's room.

A: "Brecklynn what's the matter?"

B: "Mal and Wyatt were kissing."

I managed to say through my tears.

Z: "Wait am I missing something!?"

Zed asks.

A: "Can I tell him B?"

Addi asks me. I just nodded my head in response because I couldn't really talk at the moment. Addi then turns to Zed.

A: "Brecklynn has a big crush on Wyatt and she has for a long time."

Z: "Oh dang I am so sorry B!"

He says while giving me a hug.

B: "It's fine I expected it so I should have been prepared. I am going to lay down for a bit."

I say with a weak smile and start walking away. I close my door and sit on my bed. I'm not actually tired, I just wanted to be alone for a little while. I grabbed a book out of my night stand and started reading it. About an hour later there was a knock on my door.

B: "Come in"

I say while placing my book down on the nightstand. When I look up I see Wyatt walking in. Why is he here?

B: "Hey..."

W: "Hey can we talk for a second."

B: "Sure..."

I can't be mad at him because he doesn't even know I like him. He walked over and sat on the edge. He then patted the spot next to him so I crawled over and sat next to him.

W: "I am just going to get right to the point. Why did you run out like that earlier."

I have to tell him now. I sighed and looked up at him.

B: "I guess I have to tell you the truth. Wyatt I have liked you for a long time. I have never admitted it because you are my best friend and I am pretty sure you only see me as a friend."

I say looking away. Right as I look away I feel a hand turn my head back and then lips lock with mine. Then it clicked that Wyatt was kissing me. OH MY GOSH WYATT WAS KISSING ME. I did not want it to end but we eventually had to pull away for air.

W: "B I have liked you for a long time too. I thought the exact same thing as you. Me and Mal aren't together. I thought that if I tried liking other girls I would get over you but oh boy that didn't work."

He says while smiling down at me. I locked eyes with him and I swear I looked like a tomato. We spent the rest of the night cuddling in my dorm room watching TV. I honestly only thought he saw me as a friend because he is my best friend for heaven's sake. We aren't official though. That's ok though because at least I know the guy who I have liked for a year or so likes me back. I can just tell that this year is going to be a great year.