CHAPTER 2: WEDDING

ARYA'S POV

I went inside the bathroom to take a bath as I felt a slight headache. I had ordered Gayatri (the name of her personal made) to clean up the strange women who I had met outside in the carriage, the carriage was an old one and nobody used it. It was surprising to see a woman indecently dressed laying there unconscious.

Even after asking about her from the workers, I got no information about her as if she had come out of nowhere. This woman was suspicious and I have to keep an eye on her.

Upon entering the bath I saw her standing there in a corner and upon seeing me her body froze. I could see that she was genuinely confused more than I was about her and her whereabouts. "Where am I..?" She muttered almost to herself.

Is he dumb or something..?

Doesn't she know that this was the royal palace... Did she not belong here?

That made me even more suspicious of her.

I did not answer her and went inside the warm water without looking back at her.

I noticed how she stared at me with her face growing a slight shade of pink.

Well! That couldn't have been helped, all the young girls of the kingdom had envied me for my looks. I straightened my shoulder with confidence

I eyes her coldly and said in an authoritative tone "Rajkumari." I said and continued "call me Rajkumari".

She seemed to be taken back for a moment until she burst out laughing.

How dare she laugh at the Princess of the rajgharana!

I felt myself going mad with each passing second. This woman! I hate to have to tolerate her!

Then she said something strange like 'doctor', I didn't understand what she meant by that term but one thing was crystal clear she was laughing at me!

Enough was enough!

I called my maids immediately and motioned them to capture her. I will show her who is above who and that she should learn to respect this princess.

Once the maids approached her face turned pale and she seemingly seemed horrified. Heh, What had she expected after making fun of the princess?

I lazily watched her and asked in a cold voice, "now tell me who are you?" "Rajkumari.." she said in a low voice and looked up at me.

"I honestly don't know how I am here, I only remembered that I was coming back home late at night from the temple. And my parents" she bent down in pain.. "my parents? how is this possible I can't seem to remember their faces..my head hurts..."

She seemed in pain as she clutched her head. I should not force her anymore, maybe something unfortunate had happened to her before she came here... I softened my expression as my anger gradually subsided...

"Gayatri get her ready and bring her down," I said as I dressed myself. I went downstairs and headed toward the dining area. I smiled as I saw the kitchen filled with women and my mother was standing in between, chatting with them about something. I smiled as I made my way towards her, my elder sister who has turned 20 this year was getting married. The house was indulged in preparation and many relatives from both sides of my family had gathered.

The men sat outside in the bagicha( garden), assisting with the decorations outside whereas the women took charge of the food and jewelry.

"Maasa." My mom looked at me casually still talking to some of my aunts "I want to talk to you" my mother nodded and excused herself from the group and the others continued chatting after a while she left.

"What is it, Arya?" My mother said softly but her voice held a mature tone. We sat on the sofa near the stairs. "Maasa, my friend from the nearby Kingdom came yesterday night to attend Devika jiji's (term used to address elder sister) wedding. Since it was already late yesterday I wasn't able to inform you back then. I'm sorry." I said slowly shifting my gaze to the side, not being able to lie to my mother.

But I definitely could not tell her the truth till the time i was not properly familiar with it. "That was it?Arya, you know i won't scold you over such things, it's fine if you were not able to tell me so there is no need to apologise." My mother said lovingly passing a warm smile. I felt guilty of lying to her. "What's the name of your friend and from which kingdom does she belong?" My mother asked.

"Oh. Her name is-" i paused.

Her name.. i didn't knew her name yet , how foolish of me! What should I tell my mother as to what her name is..!?

"Kaya."  A soft voice sounded from the other side of the decorated hall... It was her..!