CHAPER 10: A LETTER

"Jiji, I'm afraid about what kaya's final decision would be. My son really likes kaya and she is the kind of person who I would love to have as my daughter in law... But.." bhuasa paused but she continued peeling the peas.

Massa understood her concern, it was the first time Rudra had taken interest in a woman. In the past, he has rejected countless proposals from many rich kingdoms and has never batted an eye at any women. His mother wanted him to get married as he is going to turn 20 this year.
“ I know bai sa, there many girls who are crazy about our Rudra, but him being he, never looked away from his sword.” Maasa said with a soft chuckle escaping her lips recollecting the events of a particular day. " bai sa, I don't think kaya would ever reject Rudra, you can take it as a yes from her side. I assure you that only kaya will become your daughter-in-law.” Bhuasa nodded reassured. She placed her hand on top of bhuasa's as if consoling her. She only hopes that Rudra and kaya get closer during the time they have till Devika’s marriage, she doesn't even know how much time they had..what if it gets too late and they are only left with regrets of losing the opportunity of making someone like kaya her son's wife.

“kaya, Arya, come downstairs fast! We have to get the desserts ready for today's function, and Kriti…” both the women looked down on the soft mattress and on the sleepy kriti, she drifted into a nap when the elder women started with their women talks.

“ Yes maasa, coming " arya notified as she catched her breath and looked at kaya who cautiously sat at a distance.

“ you came from the future, you say? Then show me some evidence, tell me some thing about what will happen in the future. Anything and if it sounds legit I’ll believe you. But remember! another lie and you'll be killed by the very sword of mine that you fear so much, got it?” arya looked at her with a cold expression, her stern voice carrying a tone laced with seriousness as she brushed her hand through her hairs

Kaya couldn't help but gulp in fear. What could she tell her about? The huge technological advancement there is in the modern era or how global warming is at a rise? Without a doubt, she knows that she won't have any proof for her to show as a shred of evidence. Nevertheless, kaya nodded.

"words...” she said in a cold voice. "y-yees princess” kaya answered in a flat tone placing her hand on her heart trying to calm it down. 'hot and dangerous’ were the only words that could describe arya.
“sh! Don't get distracted by her, babes. Think about yourself! If you don't save yourself this time then you are certainly dead.” Arya murmured to herself thinking about the consequences of provoking the princess.

“Rudra bhaisa? …bhaisa!” ansh tried to bring the smitten Rudra back to his senses for the hundredth time. Only after a harsh shake did Rudra realized what he was doing. He was staring at kaya with his senses lost in admiration..!

"bhaisa are you okay?” ansh raised his eyebrows at his strange behavior, "not anymoree..” An unknown smile spread over his face as his eyes held a strange longing look. Rudra kept staring her and a small smile tucked at his lips. He has fallen hard for this woman!

His strange expression were beyond what ansh could interpret. Something was seriously very wrong with his brother, he had been behabing very lost and spaced out.

"bhaisa..." ansh soon realized the cause of it when he followed rudra’s gaze and spotted kaya who moved downstairs following arya.

‘Kaya. Hm...’ His mind reached a conclusion that something was going on between both of them. He decided he would help and support his brother. He knew very well that this was his brother’s first love interest and by the looks of it he seemed serious about it.
_____
As soon as all of them reached downstairs they got busy in the preparation and getting ready to greet and welcome the guest and relatives. There was a huge roar in one of the biggest room of the palace which was none other that the room the bride was getting ready. Well not exactly for marriage but yeah for the ritual of haldi (turmeric) which was to be followed seven days prior to the Weddng day.