CHAPTER 3: BEAUTIFUL

"...!" I looked at the strange women surprised, i didn't even noticed her ascending down the stairs.

I gazed at her roughly and then turned my head to look at massa but before I could my body froze. I was shocked i turned my head back at the strange women and eyed her from head to toe. I couldn't believe my eyes.

When I found her before at the carriage i didn't notice how beautiful she actually was as she was smelling of some liquor.
This strange women..

With her strange attire

Strange way of talking

How was she this beautiful??!

Her skin tone was a little fair than the girls that I've seen in our kingdom and her eyes were of a different colour, somthing light as if you could find all kind of colours in her eyes...

"Your friend is really beautiful Arya!" Maasa said clasping her hands.

"Yes, she is.." i could not help but admit. I quickly closed my mouth which was a little agape as I stared at her. Everything about her screamed beauty. 

To be honest i would have felt insecure if not for the self love talks my massa gave me.

She said a small namaste and folded her hands bowing a bit in respect to my mother, and the older lady just smiled at her.

"Kaya? Did your husband not accompany you beta (child) and from which kingdom are you?" Maasa said as she looked around searching for a male around Kaya..

"Masaa, she's not yet married and she came from the kingdom of alwar, our neighbouring empire." i said as I smiled gently.

My mother was a little shocked when i told her that she was unmarried since she was so beautiful, but didn't continue on that topic as she went away to do some work before telling me to feed the strange women something as she must be hungry..even I was shocked usually there would be a line of rishtas for such a beauty ..

I glanced at her from time to time as I saw her observing the palace. Her eyes roamed around everywhere and she suddenly said "is this the amber palace?!"she said with excitement filling her eyes as she gasped. I watched her reaction and could not help but smile at her childish behaviour.

"You don't remember your parents but remembered this palace?" I asked casually observing her facial features.

She was a different kind of Beauty.

"Oh t-that this place is famous! " She said still looking around.

"Ofcourse it is!" I said taking pride.

"Can I look around the palace!?" Kaya asked as her eyes lit up with excitement. Why was she so excited..arya failed to understand.

"No we can't right now. The wedding preparations are going on and the adults have specifically ordered us to stay away?" I said as I sat on the sofa.

"Wedding preparations who's getting married?" Kaya said as she smiled a bit confused.

I gave her a cold look telling her to keep her volume low, she squirmed a bit and waited for my reply, "my elder sister, devika is getting married to the Rajkumar of alwar, kartik Singh Rathore, he's a great match for my sister".

KAYA'S POV
"Kaya" arya called my name, i could not help but look at her as she glanced at me with her cold eyes. She's beautiful!

"Since you don't remember much about yourself , let's pretend for the time being that you're from alvar, the groom's side."

She said with seriousness lingering her voice, "tonight we have a function where there will be puppet show, dancing and a lot of singing too. My cousins and my friends will be there all the time. I don't want you to create any trouble. I'm sure you must be aware that if you do get in any kind of trouble, i won't be the one facing the consequences but you."

Arya looked at me and i skeptically nodded.

There was something about her character, she had that dominant vibe and i could not help but obey her. In the end she was the one who's helping me. I passed her a small smile.

Her eyes widened instantly but she looked away and started puffing some ladoo (traditional Indian sweets) in her mouth.

Why does she looks so pissed?...

"Arya! Don't eat the mithai's by yourself, let us have some too." A group of three men approached arya and sat beside her taking away the big bronze plate in his hand. They grabbed too many for them to eat. did they even saw me? I was squeezed into a corner and was shift to the edge till I was literally on the verge of falling down but fortunately I got a hold on myself.

"Bhaisa! You could have asked nicely" arya whined referring to a guy who was in a light blue cotton kurta as he gulped a lodoo.

I couldn't help but smile at Arya's expression, she seemed so much like a child now unlike her cold self.

"Arya, who's this beauty?" A guy in a peach kurta said as he smiled towards me.

I was taken back. Shoot! I forgot to introduce myself.

"I'm Kaya-" arya cutt me off and said " she's Kaya, my close friend. She came from alvar and i have to look after her since she came alone" arya said silently motioning me to stay quite.

Maybe she feared that i would say something wrong.

I folded my hands as I greeted them all with a smile and threw a pot at her for not letting me talk...!

"This is Arjun bhaisa the eldest sibling after devika jijisa, the eldest in our family. This is ansh bhaisa my cousin from the paternal side of my family and this is rudra bhaisa, he turned 18 this year and the most mischievous one, he's also one of my cousin"arya said introducing each one of them. I smiled to everyone and they greeted back.

I noticed how ansh was the quiet one, he smiled gently greeting me, that's a gentleman! Arjun bhaisa looked around 20 he was very sweet to me, he was the one to lighten the environment! And rudra bhaisa, he seemed nice but however i sometime felt his gaze on me from time to time, when I was chatting with the other sibling.

______