CHAPTER 13: 2 MONTHS

"To me, only one lady is beautiful in the entire universe and that is.."

"..."

He turned towards her and said in a soft tone

"Kaya....."
....
....
....
Kaya stopped in her tracks, her wound aching more now.

"I should get going now!" She said.

Rudra came out of his daze, hearing her voice.

"Lady...." Kaya remained silent and ignored him as she moved towards her horse and arranged her clothes properly.

Rudra stood there quietly, not knowing how to stop her any further.

"Learn to not interfere in other's business....sir" giving him one last look as she said and started trotting along with her horse.

"...." He was silent. And he stared at her disappearing silhouette.

Women these days..have become so daring.

'kaya and now her...' he sighed with surprise.

......

It has already been four days since she left the palace yet only now was she able to reach the village, mentioned in the letter.

'kaya. Your so-called parents live here...who have consented to get you married off to Rudra.'

She looked at the letter in her hand and later at the sky which was slowly turning to a brighter hue.

' It was impossible to reach the palace again in such a short time, and on top of that, she was hungry and tired. She wondered if arya missed her. How did she react when she noticed that she had disappeared? She would have thought I ran away after stealing her horse, just like her brother thought.

As she walked closer to the entrance of the village, she could hear the sound of the bell of the temple...' morning prayers' she concluded.

" looks like we are there, buddy," she said passing a tired smile to Horse. She clutched the lead and walked inside.

Soon she could see the number of people increasing as she went further into the interiors, because it was still not yet morning she was surprised to see so many people.

But something strange was going on over there, she could sense that easily.

She looked around and noticed how no one paid attention to her and in fact, were all looking in the same direction.

She glanced and through the crowd made her way to the front. She blinked as her vision went down to the lady.

The lady was an old woman probably in her forties. She was on the floor crying her eyes out...

"....?"

Kaya didn't know what got into her but she strangely squatted down to that lady's level. She took a look at the old face, as the lady did so too. Her old eyes went round and her mouth left hung open.

Kaya was still lost. She felt that the face in front of her was too familiar to her as if it was not her first time seeing this woman. Once again she did something that she never expected herself to do.

She reached out her hand slowly to wipe the tears flowing like a stream from the old lady's face, who stared at her with open eyes. But before she could touch the elder, her hand froze in the air, realizing what she was doing.

She was confused.

"Kaya-"

"....." now the old lady's expression shifted to Kaya's face who looked terrified of what was happening.