CHAPTER 6: MARRIAGE

Kriti jumped at us, slightly pushing Arjun bhaisa to the side as a blush crept up her face.

"Arya jiji! You know how good you were just now, I can't even imagine how you always manage to dance so well!!" Kriti squealed with excitement.

"obviously.  she's my sister!" Arjun commented with great pride as a sly smile tucked on his lips.

"There are some remarkably dumb folks in this world. Thanks for confirming that" Kriti admitted looking away while Arjun gritted his teeth with embarrassment as he glared at kriti playfully.

The girls obviously couldn't contain their laughter and burst out laughing. kaya glanced at Arya who had a small smile on her face.

"Why can't she smile more..." kaya thought with a pout.

"but wasn't kaya jiji better? I mean I never knew she had such a brilliant voice." Kriti commented and the kids looked at kaya who was embarrassed since everyone's attention was on her only.

She didn't know if she should or not reply knowing the fact that Arya asked her to keep a low profile. Kaya glanced skeptically at Arya who nodded in affirmation with a soft look on her face.

"you must  be famous in your kingdom for your voice, huh?" Arjun asked eagerly resting his chin on Kriti's head which was a lot smaller compared to him.

"well yeah-  I've always been kind of interested in singing since I was very young. it was my mom who helped me. I remember how my mother used to make me sit with her and make me sing along.  I guess it's all thanks to my genes. YOU KNOW what? My mother gifted me a violin when I was just 11 since then my passion grew more...." kaya began her tale and everyone, including Arya listened with great interest.

"looks like her parents loved her very much..." Arya smiled to herself.

"....and after coming from work my dad used to play with me..." kaya kept on with her talks while the other nodded with eagerness.

"..."  on the whim of a second Arya's face had visible confusion. She recalled her saying that she was not able to remember her parents.

She said her head ached whenever she tried to remember them...

'And here she is babbling about her parents.' Arya clenched her teeth as anger took over her.

How dare she tried to deceive her!

"And then we all Arya...?" kaya looked over at her who had now stepped back from the group. She no longer wanted to be here.

"maybe she has a reason that she's not comfortable sharing with me... Should I give her some time to let her take the initiative to come and talk to me...?" she whispered to herself and walked away quietly from there completely ignoring them.

She was clearly not right, it was evident by the way she walked away. Something definitely is wrong here.

"Did I said something wrong?" kaya questioned herself.

"shouldn't we follow her?"Arjun asked worried.
"are you sure, I mean she looked upset.." Arjun looked towards the crowd where arya disappeared.

" no no, nothing's wrong. Maybe she's hungry and when she is... She goes crazy just like her brother" kriti stated and we all looked towards the same crowd. "hey! That was for me right? Do you think I'm crazy" arjun said mortified, realizing just now.

" No I don't think you are an idiot-" Kristi said pretending to think.

Arjun was going to say something narcissistic when kriti cutter him off " you are an idiot!" just as she said this she ran away followed by arjun who chased her like a cat would do to a mouse.

"them and their catfights" kaya sighed in disbelief. Soon her attention again went on arya.

"...."

Oh wait.. Futzzz!! Why the did she say that.

" you should have kept your mouth shut kaya, you stupid!!!"

" I need to clarify it with her... But what could I possibly say? That I got my memory back when I tried to recall my childhood days?! Damn, that seems to made up! Even I wouldn't believe that kind of shit.

"kaya!" massa said as she came towards me with bhuasa following after her. "yes massa?" I said as I neared her as she took kaya away from the crowd and into a room. "maasa..?" the lady kept quiet until the door was locked.

"maasa is there something yo want to talk to me about?"  kaya asked hesitantly. The atmosphere seemed tense..

"jiji leave it.." bhuasa interrupted as she touched my cheek and asked in a soft tone, " have you eaten anything? Is there something in particular you would like to eat? Tell me and I'll make it for you." love was evident in her eyes.

Kaya couldn't resist herself from smiling at her care, "yes. I have eaten well. Kaya made me had a lot of pakode's.. But I'm sure this is not what you brought me her to ask about. Down worry and. please say whatever you have in your mind"  kaya assured them glancing at maasa who looked a   bit worried. They nodded and we sat down.

"I know we have no right to talk about this since it concerns you and it's totally a decision that would need yours and your parents say but can I ask why you still haven't gotten married? I mean it's rare to see a grown young lady to stay unmarried..." maasa asked with great anticipation.

"that..." kaya was at a loss of an answer. Should she say it's Pretty normal to stay unmarried at her age in her era?

"I'm still waiting for the right person..marriage is an important aspect of everyone's life, and I am not in hurry to get married yet as is. I want to be with someone who loves me and I love them too."

'you nailed it kaya! A perfect reply from a perfect lady!"

Every word was true though. She'll only love a person who can revert her feeling the same way she does to theirs.

Massa and bhuasa looked at each other before looking at kaya and passing her a warm smile. "yes love is very necessary for a marriage to be succes-" maasa was cute of by bhuasa who suddenly got excited and squealed

"Actually I think there is someone who'll be a perfect match for you. My son asked to ask about you, he told me that it was live at first s-" "waut bhuasa. Y-your son..?" ansh bhaisa?! No no not at all I respect him too much for me to marry him. This can't be happening .." kaya interrupted.

Ansh bhaisa was definitely not a person who would fall for someone the first time he see them.

"kaya, calm down.. I'm not talking about amsh I'm. Talking about my other son, Rudra"

"rudra?!" kaya repeated..
She was right..  The glances she got from rudra were of attraction.  No wonder she felt uncomfortable around him.

"I'm sorry bhuasa but I cant-" kaya was yet to finish when the door opened and there she was, arya.

"Arya! She will help me!" just when kaya was thinking her eyes met with arya's who looked away the next second.

She was ignoring her...