CHAPTER 19: ATTRACTION

"Princess, walk a little slower will you?!" It was getting difficult for kaya to keep up with arya's steps. She was fast... but it was not so that kaya was slow. However she had the heavy burden of the basket to carry with her .

Once they reached their destined location, kaya sighed with exhaustion. She threw the basket down as the clothes spilled out of it. "It's a lot of work, ain't it. I wonder how you managed to get so many clothes dirty." Arya mocked kaya raising her brow while she glanced at the basket.

"I was helping with the housework unlike the princess who sat there having her food lavishly, what else do you expect, if not thses dirty clothes then?!" She squinted her eyes at the real culprit who looked away casually.

Arya wanted to say something but before she could she saw the lady going behind a tree with a nude colour saree in her hand.

"Are you trying to play hide and seek with me?" Arya questioned catching up with kaya. "Yes we are. but I'll only hide without you looking for me anywhere, so stop and don't you dare come after me. I'm changing."

"You are changing? Behind a tree?!" Arya asked. What did she mean by this. Why can't she change in front of her? Was she hiding something? Arya thought to herself.

She decided to wait regardless.  Kaya came out from behind the tree. The saree was wrapped around her body like a towel and not how a saree is to be worn.

"What are you trying to hide..?" Arya's words got stuck in her throat when she saw the woman in front of her ... gorgeous..?! She had a thin necklace around her neck and a pair of silver anklets on her ankel. It looked a part of her body and she looked like an Apsara (a goodess)

Arya's ear twitched as her face turned hot making her feet jittery...Kaya eye's widened when she realised why Arya was staring at her.

Kaya thought that since women of this era used to bath together it'll be alright to cover herself this much... but this was what she was not expecting... the princess was checking her out!

Kaya looked away nervously when she realised that Arya was slowly striding towards her. She looked in a daze as if lost in her thoughts.

How is one even supposed to get out this situation. As she took a step back, Arya marched forward slowly with three steps enough to catch up with her easily.

Kaya stopped once her back had hit the hard surface of the rough tree.

She winced when she came in contact with the tree. The princess was in front of her, looking into her eyes with gaze full of darkness. Her eyes were empty and that's what scared her.

Arya's hand trembled as it brushed against the smooth skin of kaya. She touched her collarbone and kaya was frozen in her spot..with much collected thoughts, she did her best and slapped her hand down from her shoulder.

"Arya...!" With a shook, Arya came back to reality. She glanced at the reproaching hand of hers and her eyes trembled.

She looked at kaya with a hint of confusion and she blushed hard realizing what she was going to do...she was trying to touch her...feel her...feel kaya? For god sake she was a woman! How could she even have such thoughts.

"Are you okay..?" Kaya asked nervously. She knew the look that Arya gave her just now was of a different intention. Something close to ..lust? Was Arya attracted to Kaya? No. It's impossible. Women in these times wouldn't possibly have such thoughts to invoke those kind of feelings.

"There was a leaf on your shoulder..I was trying to remove it..."Arya excused herself as soon as it was possible.

Kaya nodded, bending down to pick up a random leaf, " this was it right..?" Kaya nodded without any confidence.

And like this they both agreed on the excuse.

A while later Arya too had changed into a proper sareee, Covering her bosom and her hips, leaving her waist bare. She tested the water temperature with her foot before she went inside it. Kaya turned around to look at the movement inside the small pond. The only sound that could be heard was of birds chirping and sounds of water splashing rest there was a deafening silence between two women who were quite capable of talking. Their gaze met again and then kaya's eyes landed on arya's body. The saree was wet..drenched with it was her body. Tiny droplets of water rinsed at their body as they stole glances as if almost afraid to get caught!

When they took a dip, their hair got wet too. " Do you know,?" Arya started trying to break away the silence.

Kaya but her lips nervously. They were both aware of their thumping hearts unknown to the fact that the other was feeling something similar. " Whenever I'm taking a bath, I have many people attending to me ,?"

She peeped at kaya who nodded. "here take this coating of chandan and  help me apply it on my body." She ordered placing the mud bowl on a stone.

"What..?" The lady with her light green orbs asked, bewildered.

"Didn't you hear me, i am asking you for help. It's just that i am not used to washing myself up without any assistance..."

Excuse!... It was an excuse, as well a test for herself to see  if what she felt earlier was true or not. Arya nodded agreeing with her own thoughts.

It was only a test!

"Yes, don't worry I'll do it." Kaya naively agreed but with a doubt in her mind.

Her mind was a mess and the situation seemed hectic to her...

Isn't this situation weird?! But then why is her heart throbbing so violently. What is it that she's feeling.

Arya closed her eyes, streching her arms involuntarily on the stone as she rested her back against the hard surface. Kaya sat on top of the  stone and took the bowl in her hand. A frown appeared on arya's face making her appear serious.

Kaya stared at the bowl, moving her fingers aimlessly in the bowl and taking the thick yellow paste in her hand. She gently applied some on the soft flesh of the princess.

"Is this the right way..?" She asked, inexperienced.

"I'm trying to find that out-."the other woman replied.

-------