CHAPTER 7: A NIGHT

"Where do I sleep..?" kaya- has been standing there for almost 10 minutes now.  A red velvet cushion was in her hand as she stared at the back of the woman lying on her bed.

"stop asking me! I don't care just go wherever you want! Look for a place by yourself! The grumpy voice was heard as she threw a pillow on the floor.

"but..." where would kaya go? The palace was so big... And every room looked the same. She certainly doesn't want to get lost while looking for a room to sleep in. And to be honest... The palace's majestic beauty seemed especially scary at night, she heard too many tales about spirits roaming in big palaces.

"no buts! Just let me sleep." her churlish voice was heard again in the bone-chilling room.

What a cold-hearted lady!

"if she doesn't want to forgive me then that's alright but at least give me a place to sleep!" kaya muttered to herself.

She was definitely not going to ask her again... Kaya sighed and tighten her grasp on the cushion.

If a night with a ghost is what she deserves then let it be. She opened the door and was going to step outside.

Before she could even step a foot outside she heard a loud voice behind her.

"Do you wish to disturb everyone at this hour of the night? You better get back here before I change my mind!"  this woman...

..did this woman suffer from bipolar disorder?

Kaya mentally rolled her eyes and before turning back she forced a smile on her face. "thank you, princess. I'm grateful to you!"

"hm," the woman nodded lazily with a frown on her face as if it was the obvious thing to say.  Her beautiful orbs were hidden behind her closed eyes. Long wavy hair opened, some strands resting gently on her face and lips. So seductive..!

'A man in the same room as her would never be able to survive.' kaya could only think to herself.

"you can sleep here if you want" she patted the space beside her on the bed.

Kaya pursed her lips into a thin line and asked " Are you sure?" the princess  didn't seem like someone who would share her bed with someone else.

"do you want to sleep here or spend the night in the cold?!" she mocked signaling at the window which reflected a cold moon in the chilly sky. A gust of wind entered the room and hit kaya making her realize that sleeping outside was not even the last thing she would have on her list.

Kaya nodded and gently laid down on the bed. Arya gave a small satisfied smile before it was replaced by the same grumpy expression. "Good night princess" kaya wished her and the other party only gave a small hm.

She still has to come up with an explanation and be more careful from now onwards. She knew that Arya was suspicious of her that's why she is behaving the way she is, but still she was thankful for the fact that she let her sleep inside the warm room. Otherwise, it would only be reasonable to throw a traitor outside whom they didn't know a thing about. Kaya wished the awkward night would end fast.

---

The next morning the girls moved a bit as the noise outside increased. Arya spooned kaya who slept like a fool. Black lines forming on their forehead finding it hard to sleep. It was truly difficult to have a peaceful night of sleep in a wedding household. All kinds of sounds were heard outside and the tinkling of bangles and ankles entered the room. By the chatters, it was evident that there were two women who had come.

"look, the sun's up while both of them are still sleeping! Kriti commented while Massa gave a small laugh...

"but maasa they look so peaceful together. I didn't knew jiji had a friend whom she was so close with. She even refused to sleep or share her room with me let alone her bed!"

Massa removed the curtains and let the bright light of Rajasthan fall on the sleeping girls. Bird chirpings could be heard and the smell of fresh flowers lingered in the air. "certainly. It looks as if kaya has appeared out of nowhere, I was not even aware of the fact that such a gorgeous young woman existed in our neighbor kingdom. She is such a good kid!"

"It seems you like her very much hmmm?" kriti asked, maybe what she was thinking could be true. Maasa had a young son, so she would probably look at kaya as a suitable bride.

"It's Ansh bhaisa?" kriti asked excitedly. "no stupid. It's true that I like kaya very much and would like her to become my daughter-in-law but your to-be mother-in-law has already selected her." "but maasa Arjun is mine!" kriti playfully glared at masa who laughed looking at her face. "it's not Arjun, don't worry he's already tied with you, he's not going anywhere." maasa shrugged the heavy mattress.

"then rudra bhaisa?" her eyes widened in surprises as she jumped at masa hugging her tightly. Maasa gave her a soft smile.

"morning mom, why didn't my alarm rang today?" kaya woke up and rubbed her eyes stretching herself a few times before she was satisfied. She sat up and opened her eyes taking her time to slowly adjust to the bright daylight.

"maasa" she came back to reality when she heard arya's groan as she yawned.
"...." arya was laying on the bed while kaya sat with her legs crossed.

"damn, she's a hottie!" kaya thought as her eyes went on her face then on her unshielded cleavage pretty much visible through the transparent dupatta.

"she looks pretty even after waking up" arya thought. Her eyes examined her face and then her pale pink neck all the way down to her collar bone. Not sure if it was attraction or admiration..jealousy was not an option.

Both the girls gulped at the breathtaking views in front of them.
Just two beauties admiring each other.

Both stared at each other straight for a minute before they heard a coughing sound.

"you guys are awake?! Get up and her to work!"  kriti announced imitiating maasa.

"y-yes??!" The girls answered in unison.