CHAPTER 11: LITTLE LADY

By the time devika reached downstairs the guests have already arrived and kaya followed her. She greeted maasa and bhuasa and sat near arya.

Immediately upon seeing kaya taking a seat beside her, arya shifted a bit on the long couch.

Kaya frowned on seeing her behaving so distant towards her. Arya raised her brow at her and scowled, warning her to even try getting closer to her, she turned her gaze and continued enjoying the ritual. Devika was being painted yellow by the elderly woman. They came one at a time gave their blessing to devika and in return she touched their feet gracefully, accepting their blesses with a warm heart.

Kaya was not going to give up. She looked around and smile to those who looked in her direction passing a soft smile for formality and then skeptically sat down again, this time even closer and making sure that her arms touched arya's. When she did, arya glared at her and moved away. The series continued as arya rejected kaya whereas kaya remained undefatigable.

Kaya didn't realized but they were almost at the end of couch but arya being the clever one stood up before she could fall but poor kaya, who was unaware of this..almost landed on the floor but was stopped by a firm pair of hands supporting her. "ack-" kaya who believed that she had fallen down when arya yanked her, she squealed in fear of breaking her back today.

"Are you okay?" a chivalrous voice reached her ears and she blinked her eyes a few time.

"..." this kid again!

she admit he's not actually a kid but he was 4 years younger than her. Coming to the point she realized that he was the one who was holding her and she suddenly screamed .

"you-u! Leave me!" just as her voice fled through the open festive hall, everyone turned to them .

Arya who stood there numb didn't knew how to react. She knew rudra had developed a liking for kaya but kaya still hasn't gotten her clean chit. Looking at them so close, a thin line appeared on her forehead. She for some reason felt that this was not right. How could this woman marry her brother. She still has a lot to prove to arya and only then was she allowed to form any relation with her family. Her heart deep down burned a tinge of jealousy.

"I said leave me!" bhuasa eyes widened and she commented "see I told you bhai as, those who are tied with fates are designed to be together, look at them having couple fights at this age!" bhuasa also felt that this was just a silly way of pulling each others leg like normal couple did. They found it totally normal as it was a common behaviour of lovers.

Rudra was lost in her eyes, her coloured orbs reflected many things. It reminded him of the young trees and cold winters which were rare in a place like Rajasthan.
He was pulled out from his thoughts when she shouted again as she was in his embrace. He decided to reply to her earlier request

He smiled evily, squinting his eyes as he said, "okay." and with that he let her body fall on the floor. "ahh" it hurted so badly when she fell and rudra only smiled at her again, "miss..do you need my help in getting up?" rudra offered his hand as he enjoyed the way kaya reacted, he found pure joy in troubling her like this.

Kaya glared at her while rubbing her hip, her expression reflecting how angry she was. This man is getting on her nerves! She pinched the bridge of her nose and squeezed her eyes shut. Behave like an adult, you are more mature than him kaya!

Finally taking a breath, she tried to stand but immediately her skin made contact with the floor again. Rudra couldn't stop smiling while arya watched with a cold concern, she wanted to help her but remembering what happened today and the letter...there was no way she would help a traitor. Arya squeezed the letter which was in her hand.

Kaya looked at the cold floor.
God dammit! Is this how gods are playing with her, embarrassing her till the depths. After a few more defeats kaya succumbed to rudra and took his hand as rudra had a satisfied look on his face. "I'm telling you little lady, you have to have me as your husband otherwise I don't know how your are going to manage yourself" he said looking at her from head to toe while he supported her. The ladies only laughed at his statement.

Kaya suppressed her anger to smack his hand because she knew if she did that the return gift wouldn't be desirable considering his physique. She glared at him for the one last time before thinking about a hundred ways of killing him in her mind.

"what?" kaya was distracted because of all the eyes on her but when she looked in front of her, her eyes directly met rudras. He had retreated his hand. He now came so close to her face, his handsome feature clear and his eyes were dark. " where is my thank you?" he bent down to meet her gaze and had a sweet smile on his face as if a child asking for food.

Kaya blinked a few times because of their close proximity, "you want a thank you? Huh?" he simply nodded as his hand rested behind his back."here is your thank you!" "ah" she twisted her ears till it turned red.

"look at this kid asking for a thank you from me! Where are your manners?" she started to give him a lecture on mannerisms where as he liked her touch on his ears.

Now this was very controversial for the audiences ! The audience gawked at them both, in surprise, especially at the kaya who was twisting Rudra's ear. How is this possible? a girl was doing such a thing and that too to a person like rudra , this was such a rare sight to see and the elder ladies couldn't help but enjoy the drama that was unfolding in front of them. A man will only submit to the women he likes!

Kaya got rid of him and searched for arya in the hall. She saw kriti and was going to approach her but stopped on seeing the letter in her hands, and soon arya came into her view! The letter, was in kriti's hand.

She can't afford to let others see this otherwise she's doomed. She doesn't even know how others will react when they know that she has a family.... though this family can easily be used as an excuse to lie to them about her origin... She is not sure if it's a good or a bad news for her.

"kriti give it back to me!" arya's face turned colorless but it couldn't be notice by the ignorant kriti and she goofed around, "take it from me if you want it" and then she sprinted away. Kaya turned anxious when she lost sight of her, kriti was hopping like a rabbit followed by arya.