|CHAPTER ONE|

*MAJESTY'S POV*
"Summer time but it feels cold,
Sun's out, it ain't shining low,
I'm just tryna make it through the day,
Ain't thinkin bout tomorrow,
As I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
Cause there's darkness all around me,
Told my brother we gon slide,
We gon ride,
Till The Wheels Fall Off we gon ride..."

I sang along to Chris Brown's Till The Wheels Fall Off for about... the fiftieth time, I would say? Yeah, this album ONLY just got released last week, and it stays on repeat.

For anyone who knows Majesty, you KNOW I'm THEE biggest Chris Brown fan in history. I've been riding with him since day one, 2005 to be exact.

Some people often question me like, how are you so gay if you're so in love with Chris Brown?

Well for ONE; don't question a bad bitch. And for TWO, it's not like I'll ever meet him.

My girlfriend Reese gets jealous over it sometimes, it's actually adorable. But listen; if you're gonna date me, you're gonna have to accept my obsession with Breezy like you accept the rest of my crazy ass.

"Baby, PLEASEEE get me some tickets to Chris' tour! I'll love you forever."
I groaned as Reese was driving me to work. Reese shook her head as she continued to drive.
"Girl, how many times do I have to tell you? We can't financially afford to be spending money on concert tickets right now just because YOU wanna go."

"But you KNOW how much I love this man! It would be my first time seeing him! And my birthday is the day before. It would be a birthday present from you."
"Maj, please. I'm not discussing this with you all over again. I'll see you later. Have a good day at work."

Reese parked the car in front of my job, puckering her lips to give me a kiss. I playfully pushed her away and rolled my eyes.

"I'll ask Kaydence to give me a ride home. She's working the same shift as me today."
"Really, bae? You gon really be like that?"
"See you later, Reese."

Completely annoyed at this point, I got out the car and slammed the door before walking into my job.

I'm so tired of Reese talking about, we're not financially stable. No, YOU'RE not financially stable. Maybe if she wasn't constantly quitting her normal jobs just to try to Pursue a music career that doesn't exist, she would have money.

"Girl, why are you already walking up in here with an attitude? You didn't even clock in her."

Kaydence let out a laugh as she noticed my facial expression. I ran my fingers through my hair and looked Kaydence in the eye.

"I be so damn tired of Reese sometimes! Always talking bout we're not financially stable. SHE'S not. Maybe if she would just stick to a regular ass job, she wouldn't have issues with her money!"

"Why are we on the conversation of not being financially stable though? Is something happening with your apartment or...?"

"No. It's just, you know my birthday is coming up. And the ONLY thing I asked this girl for was tickets to go see Chris Brown! Everyone KNOWS how much I love and adore that man. This would be the first time seeing him when he comes to Texas, and she tells me no because she can't afford it. But she can afford everything else for her little ghetto ass house studio, though. She can be so selfish sometimes, I swear."

"I don't know why you're still surprised at this point, girl. You knew how Reese was from the beginning, but what did you do? Stayed with her. It's been three years and you still didn't leave."

Kaydence is right. Reese is selfish most of the time. Sometimes controlling. But she wasn't ALWAYS like this. I've heard rumors about her being like that with her exes, but never with me until we got deep enough in the relationship.

"There's just so much one person can take. Anyways, you wanna give me a ride home? I told her I would ask you, I'm not even bothering her."

"Yeah, of course. It's no problem, Maj."

"You two ladies need to get to work. This work isn't gonna get done itself."

Michelle, our boss, walked by and snarled. I rolled my eyes and cursed under my breath.

Another reason why I wish Reese was more stable with her money. I wouldn't have to work as hard and slave my ass. We could be wealthy enough to be living peacefully.

I thought to myself, getting even more annoyed.

Now time to complete this long ass ten hour shift.
-
-
-
-
It was already seven o'clock when Kaydence and I got out of work. Instead of going straight home, Kay decided that she would take me out for dinner just to have some best friend time alone.

No one wants to deal with Reese right now, anyways.

"So, enough about my relationship trouble. Why aren't YOU in a relationship yet?"

I questioned Kaydence as we both sat down at the table we were brought to. Kaydence busted out laughing and looked at me afterwards with a straight face.

"People like Reese is EXACTLY why I don't have a man. I rather just enjoy my time alone in peace. All men are, are headaches and heartaches. I don't have time for neither."

"So, you're telling me if you found a sexy guy who treated you well, gave you bomb sex, and whatever else you wanted in this world; you wouldn't settle?"

"Hmmm... maybe. But once again, that's how they all are in the beginning. Later on after that, forget about it."

"Good evening, ladies. My name is Ronnie and I'll be your waiter tonight. Can I start you two off with something to drink?"

A tall, gorgeous, light skin guy stood before us. I could tell by the way Kaydence was eyeing him, she loved what she was seeing.

"Hmmm

"Hmmm... I'll have a glass of wine."

"And I'll have just a glass of water with lemon."

"Okay, great. I'll be back with your drinks very shortly, and to take your orders."

Ronnie gave us a bright smile, then walking away to go grab our drinks. Kaydence looked back at me with a smirk.

"What happened, Kay? I thought you weren't looking for a man?"
"Maybe for him, I'll make an exception. I would love a TALL glass of Ronnie."