Nightmares

THIRD PERSON POV:

It was dark. Octavia didn't know where she was. She tried to look around, but there was nothing but darkness. The child wasn't particularly scared, she was just confused about where she was. Where were her parents?

She took a few steps forward, but still nothing. She frowned and looked behind her, but still nothing. She started to get nervous. Octavia started to walk a little faster. It was still dark and there was still nothing around her. Her stomach started to turn with how nervous she was growing by the second. She wanted her parents, but they weren't there.

Octavia started running. She ran forward and started to cry. She ran as far as her little legs could take her, until she suddenly froze. Her eyes widened. She couldn't move, even when she tried. She was stuck. Octavia then saw two figures in front of her: the first one was tall with what looked like a hat on. The second one was a bit shorter with long hair. She then recognized the shapes as her parents.

Octavia tried to run to them, but she couldn't move. "Mommy! Daddy!" She shouted with her arms held out, trying to get to them. Her parents were just standing there looking at her. "Mommy! Daddy! I'm stuck!" Octavia yelled to them but they still didn't move. Octavia couldn't move and her parents weren't rushing to help her, this made the girl start to cry.

Octavia cried as her parents just watched. She then began to panic as they turned around at the same time and slowly began to walk away. "MOMMY! DADDY! DON'T LEAVE ME!" Octavia could finally move. She ran as fast as she could to catch up to them, but they were faster. They were gone before she was anywhere close to them.

The child began to cry hard as she fell to the ground. The darkness began to eat her up as she cried.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

STOLAS's POV:

I immediately opens my eyes as I heard my daughter cry out. I quickly rushed out of bed, put my robe on and made my way to her room down the hallway.

"Via?" I asked as I opened her door. My heart broke as I saw her shaking under her blanket. I walked over to her bed and sat down beside her, slowly pulling the blanket off of her and sitting her on my lap, "Whatever is the matter, my owlet?" Octavia whimpered as she clung to me. I smiled and rubbed her back.

"I had a bad dream...," she whispered. I frowned and hugged her, "I'm so sorry Via," I said to her. She looked at me with her wide but teary eyes, "It was dark and I couldn't move! You and Mommy were there, but I couldn't get to you!" She cried. I frowned and kissed her head, "You have nothing to fear, your mother and I will always be here for you," I calmy explained to her. "Would you feel better if you sleeped with us tonight?" I asked. She nodded. I smiled and picked her up and made it back to my room.

I carefully tucked Octavia in and crawled in beside her. She then crawled on top of me and fell asleep on my chest. I smiled and rubbed her back.

"You're okay, Via."