Loo Loo Land

THIRD PERSON POV:

Octavia cringed as she walked through the gate of the old theme park. It's been years since she's been to Loo Loo Land, but she wasn't expecting to go back anytime soon, now that she's seventeen and not a child anymore.

It wasn't her idea, it was her father's. Stolas wanted to spend more time with Octavia, and he thought that taking her to her favorite theme park of all time was the best thing to do! Now Stolas knows that Octavia isn't a child anymore, but he wanted her to come back and remember how much fun she would use to have there.

"Dad, do we have to be here?" Octavia asked as she looked around. All of the rides were rusty and old, all of the booths were falling apart, and most of the kids there looked like they were dragged there by their parents. Octavia sighed, she did not want to be here. "Of course!" Stolas exclaimed with a smile, "we just got here, let's stay and have some fun!" He said with a smile as he took her hand and dragged her away to one of the old rides. Octavia groaned as Stolas dragged her up. She didn't plan on riding anything, she preferd to just watch Stolas.

"Oh, what about that one!" Stolas pointed to one of those rides where it lifts you up into the air and spins you around. This ride, though, was missing half the seats and the thing that was actually holding the ride and spins it around looked like it was about to fly off. Octavia shook her head, "I don't want to ride anything," she said. Stolas deflated a little, but he just smiled and took her to one of those booths where you throw darts at balloons and win a stuffed animal.

The one who was running it immediately saw the prince and began to freak out, "Y-your Highness! P-please just take any one you would like!" The employee told Stolas as he gestured to the many plushies hung up on the wall behind him. Stolas chuckled at his nervousness and took a free plushie off the wall: it was a purple platypus with devil horns and overalls. He smiled at it and gave it to Octavia, who didn't say anything.

Stolas and Octavia went away from the dart booth and were now just walking around. Octavia was hot and annoyed and wanted to go home. Stolas was happy and couldn't wait to do more at this place. "So, how are you liking it so far, Via?" Stolas asked her with a smile, making her roll her eyes, "I want to go home," she replied quickly. Stolas chuckled and shook his head, "oh, come on! I'm sure there's at least one thing you would like to do here!" He said. He wanted Octavia to do one thing that made her happy. He didn't come here just for him, he wanted his daughter to have fun too.

Octavia just grumbled and looked to the ground, "This place is not fun." Stolas looked at her with a frown before he opened the portal and took them back home. He didn't want to upset her, he just wanted Octavia to have a good time. Guess he failed at that. As they stepped inside their home, Stolas went to apologize to Octavia but she was already off to her room. He sighed and just stayed in the kitchen, deciding to leave her alone.

"Where were you?"
Stolas flinched at the voice of his wife. He didn't bother to tell Stella that he was leaving. "Just out with Octavia," he mumbled to her. His mood was pretty much ruined now that Octavia wasn't happy.

"Where did you take her?" Stella asked again, glaring at him. Stolas sighed, not wanting to deal with her antics right now. "I just took her to Loo Loo Land," he told her. Stolas heard her scoff, "That busted up theme park? Why did you take her there? She isn't a child," Stella told him as she swiftly walked passed him in annoyance, "Stupid."

OCTAVIA'S POV:

I was laying in bed listening to music. I haven't talked to Dad since we got home. I'm not upset with him, I just wanted to be alone. I jumped when I heard knocking on my door before it opened. Dad poked his head in.

"Hey, Via." He smiled, "I just came to apologize. You aren't little anymore and I need to stop treating you like you are. You're growing up so fast that I just wanted to have a day with you, we don't do that as often as we used to. Just know that I love you, Via." Before I could respond, he closed my door. I looked down at my bed. I know that he's trying his best to connect with me, and I should be more appreciative of that.

I looked over at the plushie he got me. I sat it on my couch. I got up from my bed and went to the couch and picked it up. I went back to my bed and sat ur down beside me. I smiled at it.

"He's not so bad."