Neglected

(X reader chapter)

SECOND PERSON POV:

You played with the red blanket as you heard him talking loudly on his phone. Originally, Stolas and yourself were meeting up in his palace to spend some time together; seeing as the two of you have recently made your relationship official. During the time you got together, him and Stella's divorce was announced.

Almost every time you would try to spend time with him, she would call. It was usually just about her stuff and when she was getting it, or it would be about who would get their daughter on the weekends. Their calls weren't short either: one of them lasted almost two hours before Stella finally hung up from pure anger.

"Well, I don't know, Stella!" You heard his frustrated voice, "you have tons of those potted plants! Losing one isn't going to matter!" You could hear his ex-wife's strong voice on the other line, she sounded furious. You couldn't quite make out what she was saying. Stolas gripped the phone tighter as Stella roared at him with her sharp tone.

You looked away and turned your head down to the bed where you were snuggled up. There was a bowl of popcorn and the TV had a paused movie on. You sighed, fiddling your fingers. This was supposed to be a comfortable little date with you and Stolas, but Stella just couldn't leave him alone. You knew that this divorce was going to be a long process, and you've been patient with it. You just wished that sometimes you wouldn't have to worry about only getting five minutes with Stolas before she would call him.

Out of the corner of his eye, Stolas could see your unhappy expression. He frowned. Stolas knew you had been looking forward to this date, and he was too. He didn't want to talk to his ex-wife, but they had to get their divorce finalized and talking to each other was inevitable. Most of her belongings were still with him.

Stolas gritted his teeth and slammed his phone on the hook, hanging up on Stella. He didn't care about her right now, he wanted to focus on you.

Stolas walked to the bed and sat at the edge of it, looking at the floor. You lifted your head and saw his body at the edge of the bed. You blinked: was his phone call finished? Stolas turned his head and looked at you, his eyes glowing in the dimly lit room.

"I'm sorry." Stolas said. He turned his body and was now completely on the bed, his legs crossed and his arms in his lap. His tail was hanging off the side. "I know I've been busy with Stella lately, and I know we've had this date planned, but I couldn't ignore her call, as much as I wanted to," he began to tell you. You could hear how strained his voice sounded - it wasn't the same tone he was using with her. He sounded so out of it.

Stolas ruffled his hair, "You know, getting this divorce after all of these years, I can't help but feel excited," Stolas told you, "I'm finally going to be free from her awful ways." You knew how awful Stella was, and you were happy that he wouldn't have to deal with her anymore, but you missed him. You missed being able to just talk to him without inturuption.

"I just miss you," you told him. You saw his pained face and you wanted to crawl over and hug him, but you didn't know if you should. Stolas sighed and rubbed his face with his hands, "I know (F/N), and I miss you as well, but I have to do this!" Stolas began to get louder, "as much as I want to speed this up, I can't! Stella and I hate each other, but we have to communicate in order for this divorce to happen!" Stolas was getting frustrated just talking about her. You looked down. You didn't mean to upset him.

"I know you have to talk to each other," you started, "but I just wish she wouldn't call you every day; I'm sure there are days where she doesn't need every single item in this house!" Stolas groaned and shook his head, "she insists she get everything in so little time."

You crawled over to him and sat beside him, wrapping your arms around his one. You put your head on his shoulder, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought her up in the first place." Stolas placed his head on yours, a tired smile on his face, "it's okay (F/N), this is aggravating for all of us," he chuckled. You smiled and kissed his shoulder, making him blush.

"One day at a time."