Trapped

STOLAS'S POV:

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. It was morning, I dreaded mornings. I sighed as I sat up and slung my legs over the bed and staring at the floor, thinking about how things are right now.

Stella and I are constantly arguing at this point. Each and every day without fail, she will find something to attach my name to, and then drag it out for as long as she can. We've had week long arguments sometimes, some even last months. Whether it's about me cheating, or how I'm embarrassing her, or our daughter's further, Stella will always have something to blame me for.

I walked down the hallway to the kitchen. Stella was there and so was Octavia. I smiled at Octavia, even though I know she isn't happy right now. This constant arguing can't be good for her. We can get so ruthless with each other, it's awful to listen to. Stella saw me standing there, which made her scoff and roll her eyes, "Are you going to look like that all day? You're royalty and that's how you decide to dress in the morning?" She asked, glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and went back to my coffee, "I wasn't planning on going anywhere today, Stella, so I don't think it's necessary to dress like I am," I said calmly. It was early in the morning and I really didn't want to start an argument, especially not right in front of Octavia.

Stella scoffed, "Of course you put in little to no effort to look nice, I don't know what I expected from you; you're nothing but a worthless embarrassment after all," she stated as she looked directly at me. I clutched my mug in my hand, wanting to so badly snap back at her, but I had to refrain myself. I just took a deep breath and sat down across from Octavia. I smiled at her again and she just went back to her phone.

Stella rolled her eyes again, "Leave her alone Stolas. If you keep smothering her, she'll never learn how to be a true Goetia," Stella said.

"All I did was smile," I mumbled. I watched with a frown as Octavia stood up and grabbed her mug and cereal box before leaving the room. I could hear her door close. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, "Can you not go one day without ruining everything?" I asked as I stood up and looked at Stella, "I would like to at least have one conversation with my daughter without you causing issues!"

"EXCUSE ME?!" Stella roared, "I should be the one saying that to you! You go around sleeping with low ranking demons and then you come here saying I'm the one causing issues!?" Stella yelled with a dangerous hue of red in her eyes. I knew this wasn't going to be a short disagreement, but after everything this woman has put me through, I am ready to let everything out:

"DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF!? ME SLEEPING WITH OTHERS WAS NEVER THE PROBLEM! THE PROBLEM WAS THAT MY FATHER PICKED AN AWFUL, LOUD, RETCHED, SCREECHING CREATURE TO BE MY SPOUSE! THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE ARE NEVER GOOD TOGETHER! THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU ARE A TERRIBLE WOMAN AND I HAVE DESPISED EVERY ENCOUNTER I HAVE EVER HAD WITH YOU!"

I was breathing heavily as I stopped. Stella stood there, wide-eyed and speechless, but I could sense her anger. I didn't falter as she lowered her head and slowly walked closer to me.

"How dare you..."

I didn't have time to react as she raised her hand and harshly slapped me across my face before she roughly shoved me back.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THOSE THINGS TO ME! I AM EXACTLY WHAT YOUR FATHER SHOULD HAVE PICKED! YOU NEVER DESERVED YOUR PLACE AS A GOETIA, BUT I DID! I WAS CHOSEN TO PREVENT YOU FROM DOING ANYTHING STUPID, BUT I HAVE FAILED TO DO SO! YOU ARE CONSTANTLY MAKING WRONG DECISIONS AND IT IS PUTTING US IN THE SPOTLIGHT! YOU ARE TRULY AN EMBARRASSMENT AND I CANNOT FATHOM HOW YOU'VE COME THIS FAR!"

I didn't say anything else. We both said what we wanted to say, and that was that. That was until Stella turned to me again, "I absolutely despise you. You are a terrible prince, and an even worse husband. I cannot wait until the day where you shrivel up and die so I can lead Octavia down a much better path."

I froze at what she said. I went to say something to her, but she had already stormed off. After a few moments, I could feel water. My vision blured as tears made their way down my face. I screamed and threw my mug down on to the floor, shattering it instantly. I cried as I slowly slid to the floor, burying my head in my hands.

I can't get out.