Away For The Weekend

THIRD PERSON POV:

Stolas glanced over his newspaper as he took a sip from his mug. It was an early morning, the sun light was peeking through the windows inside the house. The day looked bright so far. That was, until Stella trudged into the kitchen, her phone in her hands. Stolas closed his eyes and sighed, here we go, he thought to himself.

"I know! I can't believe she thought it was a good idea to announce something like that!" Stella declared to the other person she was talking to, "I can't imagine what the husband thinks!" She laughed in her witty tone. Stolas grumbled from the table. He hated hearing her laugh. He hated hearing her talk. He hated her voice.

Stella chucked again, "As much as I would enjoy going to see the outcome, I can't. Octavia and I are going away for the weekend," she told the other line. Stella's husband perked up at that. He didn't know she was leaving this weekend, and with their daughter. He kind of wanted Octavia to stay with him this time.

"I wasn't aware of this," Stolas claimed, getting Stella's attention. "You never told me you were leaving." Stella pulled the phone away from her ear and rolled her eyes at him, "Stolas you know we usually leave on weekends! I don't have to tell you every time!" She huffed in an annoyed tone as she turned her attention back to her phone call. Stolas rolled his eyes and went back to reading.

It was quiet for a few minutes, before their daughter, Octavia, decided to join them. She made her way into the kitchen and sat herself across from her father. She was most likely just now waking up.

"Good morning, Octavia!" Stolas smiled at her, receiving nothing but a grumble in reply. Stella had hung the phone up. "Octavia, we need to get going soon," Octavia's mother told her. They were going to be spending their time at a Plaza. One of Stella's friends had invited them. Stolas was invited too, but was never told.

Octavia groaned under her breath. She really didn't want to go to this big event, she'd much rather just stay at home in her room. But her mother insisted that she go with her. Octavia stood up and began to make her way back to her room to get dressed.

Stolas finished his last drop of morning coffee before standing up and stretching his arms above his head, letting out a sigh of satisfaction. "I hope you two have fun," he said awkwardly with a crooked smile. Stella shook her head as she walked out of the kitchen.

• • •

Octavia looked around in awe: this place was huge. There were high class demons of all sorts everywhere. The floor was a beautiful marble that was so polished you could see your reflection. The walls were decorated in ribbons and banners. Octavia didn't particularly know what this party was for, but she did admit, it was put together quite nicely.

Octavia was currently alone, seeing as her mother had left to mingle with the crowd. She didn't mind being alone, but she did want to stay somewhat close to Stella. Close enough to hear her voice - which she could. Octavia could hear Stella's roaring laughter as she gossiped about anything and everything to her two closest friends.

Stella's daughter was standing by one of the various tables that were filled with various foods. All exquisite and expensive. Octavia looked down at the table and sighed: this didn't feel right. Octavia didn't feel right in this setting; it was too dramatic for her. She really wanted to just go home, her mother had barely talked to her this entire evening.

Octavia grumbled as she took her phone from her pocket and brought it to her face. She had gotten a few texts from her father; mainly asking how it was going. Octavia clicked on his contact and began typing out something: Do you think you could pick me up?

Octavia sighed after she pressed the send button. Now, all she had to do was wait for his reply. She looked out into the crowd and saw Stella, still laughing with the same friends. Octavia looked down at her feet.

This wasn't the best weekend trip.