Storm

THIRD PERSON POV:

"Mommy! Daddy!"

Stella woke up to the sound of her daughter calling them, along with the sound of thunder booming loudly above them. Stella expected Stolas to wake up and go to Octavia, but it seemed like he was in a deeper sleep than usual. Stella turned and roughly shook him, but it didn't do much. She rolled her eyes as she forced herself to her feet and made it down the hallway to her child's room.

"Octavia?" Stella asked as she opened the door. She saw her child shaking under her purple star-covered blanket. If Stella wasn't so annoyed at being woken up, she would have felt bad. "M-Mommy!" Octavia cried as she got down from her bed and ran to her mother, crying harder as another crash of thunder made an appearance. Stella flinched as Octavia ran up to her feet and clutched her night gown in her tiny hands, clearly wanting to be picked up.

With a sigh, Stella bent over and picked Octavia up before walking to her bed and sitting down, but she placed the girl beside her instead of holding her. Octavia was all teary-eyed and sniffling, fearing the loud sounds she was hearing.

"What's the matter?" Her mother asked, in an annoyed tone. Octavia whimpered and clung to her mother's arm, "T-there are loud sounds! It's scary!" She exclaimed as she clung tighter to Stella's arm. Stella sighed; she really didn't want to try and get Octavia to go back to sleep. As much as she hated to compliment him, Stolas was much better at handling their daughter. Stella was not meant for such a role.

"Octavia, they're just sounds. They can't hurt you," Stella said nonchalantly. She didn't understand why Octavia was so afraid of something outside, and something way above her. It was a bit annoying. Octavia shook her head, "but they're super loud! I can't sleep!" Stella grumbled and pinched the bridge between her eyes. Octavia noticed this, and frowned. Why was her mother getting so annoyed?

Suddenly, Stella got up. Octavia, with tears still in her eyes, watched as Stella picked her up and put her in bed, pulling the covers over her. She then got one of Octavia's stuffed animals and placed it beside her.

"Octavia, Mommy is very tired. I need to go back to sleep, and so do you." Stella explained as she watched the girl's face go from sad to frightened. "B-but the noise!-"

"Octavia!" Stella suddenly shouted, "it's outside! And it's miles above us! It can't hurt you at all! Now close your eyes and go back to bed!" With that, Stella stormed out of the room and loudly shut the door as she trudged back to her bedroom.

Octavia cried, tears streaming down her terrified face as another wave of thunder erupted, making her shake greatly. Octavia cried loudly as she hugged her stuffie as tightly as she could to her little body, thunder striking again. Octavia hid her face in the stuffed animal, with tears and her body trembling.

Why didn't her mother try to help her?