Cold

THIRD PERSON POV:

Stolas was on his back in his bed, wide awake. His mind was racing with thoughts and it kept him awake. He was thinking about everything: his family, his wife, his daughter, Blitz, he was thinking of his situation. Stolas sighed and closed his eyes again, trying to go back to sleep.

After a few minutes, he woke up. He groaned and ruffled his head feathers, frustrated at his mind for doing this to him. He felt movement beside him, and he immediately froze. When it stopped, he turned his head and looked over at the other body in his bed. Stella had her back to him, and had most of the blankets to herself.

She always slept like that. She would take most of the blanket and then sleep as far as she could from Stolas. He didn't know why, but that bothered Stolas. Even before everything that happened, Stella wouldn't sleep right next to him; she would always distance herself.

Stolas looked at her for a moment, before moving his eyes back to the ceiling. He hated his situation: ever since Stella had found out that Stolas was sleeping around, it really made things difficult. Stella was now constantly berating him, and usually in front of their daughter, Octavia. Stella had no mercy for him, she even admitted to enjoying seeing him suffer.

Stolas closed his eyes and gripped the sheets underneath him. After being in a loveless marriage for so long, he thought that being with Blitz might help him, but it only made things much worse. Not only did Blitz also not love Stolas, he only agreed to sleep with him so he could get Stolas's spell book because it granted him access to the human world. Stolas hated that agreement. He thought that sex was the only thing that he wanted at first, but after getting to know Blitz a little more, he started to feel stronger things.

Being in a dead relationship, and a relationship revolving around only sex, Stolas didn't know how to feel. He had tried for so long to make things between him and Stella better, but she was never pleased with him. Blitz wasn't interested in any kind of relationship Stolas had to offer, and that hurt the owl.

Stolas was gripping the sheets so tightly that his fingers started to hurt. Suddenly, he let go of the sheets as he felt something run down his cheek. His vision began to blur as tears slowly trailed down Stolas's face. He grunted and suddenly slammed his fist down on the bed, heavy tears now streaming down his face. He let out soft but ugly cries and rolled over on to his side, curling up. He put his hands over his ears and cried.

He was feeling so cold.