The voices

John had been out for at least three days. Sherlock was worried, very worried. His mind had shut down, everything but John had vanished.

"John..." Sherlock whimpered, hoping to get a response. Nothing. Sherlock had expected this, but he had hoped for an answer. Tears threatened to spill over Sherlocks eyes. He hated emotions, he only ever felt them for John. No one else could make him cry, smile, laugh... Feel, like John could. "Oh, John." He sighed, wiping his eyes. "You have no idea what you do to me...." Sherlock bit his lip and sat back in his chair, hoping to sleep. He hadn't slept much lately, nightmares of John dying, or about how Sherlock should've been the one shot. The voices in his head wouldn't leave him alone, teasing him about this painful matter.

Sherlock placed a hand on the sides of his head and held back the urge to scream. His head hurt, the voices screaming in his ear.

"It should've been you."
"He wouldn't be like this if you were the one shot."
"It's all your fault!"

Sherlock fell to his knees, hitting his head against his hands. "Get out!" He yelled, his head pounding from the voices.

Suddenly, the voices stopped, the pain suddenly leaving his head.

"Sherlock..."