Chapter 17

"What kind of job is that by the way?" Joe asked me.
"There are several shootings for a clothing brand." I told him and he nodded.
"Do you have freetime there?" 
"Of course." I chuckled
"I guess in the mornings and evenings will be nothing. But I got to ask Tom for the exact times." I told him.

"Oh fuck. Tom. I need to call him." I told Joe and took out my phone.

"Hey Tom. Are you already at the airport?" I asked him.
"If you tell me where you are, I'm picking you up."
"Still at this café. But we need to check in aswell." I told him.
"I'll pick you up at the café." Tom just hung up. 
"He's coming. I'll pay." I told Joe and he nodded.

"Hey mate, what are you doing here?" I heard Tom's voice.
"We talked. I'm coming with you." Joe told him.
"You did. Finally. And? You know I'm her manager. I need to know the tea." I just neded to get the bill and then I could join them.
"Well. I asked her again and this time I guess it was a yes." Joe told him and I was able to hear the grin out of his voice. 

"Alright. Thank you for your stay and a nice flight." The waiter wished as I paid.
"Thank you so much." I said and turned.

"Joe?" I asked as I got nearer.
"What is it?"
"Do you have clothes with you?" I chuckled.
"I do. All good." He smiled. I hugged Tom as a greet and then looked around.
"Where is it?"
"There." He said and pointed at Maisy's luggage.
"Well listen. I'll explain it to you later. I don't know, in the plane or something. But there are Maisy's things in it. But also mine. I'll explain it later." Joe chuckeld.
"That's so confusing."

"Alright. What did you two planned?" I asked Joe as we were in the plane.
"Maisy and Tom told me that they buy a ticket for me. To come with you. As a suprise. Then we had the fight. And Tom said that it's better when I'm not coming. I was okay with that until Maisy texted me yesterday. She said that they wont be able to return my ticket. So Tom bought Maisy a ticket and then Maisy texted me a couple of hours ago, that I should come. That we have a little talk. And when it turns out good, I'm coming with you and if not she will. Turned out good so I'm coming with you." He explained.
"And what's up with the luggage?" 
"Maisy was at my place we packed some of my things in it and then went to hers and then some of hers. So that if we both would come, both have clothes. That's it." He said and I needed to smile.
"You two are hilarious." I chuckled.
"I know. But it paid out." He sighed and looked at me.

"Do you want to take everything a bit slower from now on?" Joe asked me.
"It's alright. If I make good experiences with you, I think it will be alright." I told him and smiled.
"But after that, no chance that I am doing the first steps. Not a single chance. All in your hand." He said.

"Thank you." I giggled.
"Come here. If we have this fancy little suite we can use it." Joe spread his arm out and I moved over to his side. I placed my head on his chest and took a deep breath.
"I missed you." I whispered.
"I missed you too." Joe answered and pushed me a bit nearer to him. 

"Did you ever had this suite thing?" I asked Joe.
"Yes. Once. I was on a vacation with my dad. It was after I got the role in the series Dickensian. I was paid well in my opinion. So I made my dad a suprise and took him to spain. It was so cool and we had a suite too. But I never had one for a Job." He told me.
"Well for you it's going to be a vacation. For me after work as well." I chuckled.

The sun was shining through the little window, right into my eyes. I turned my face in his armpit.
"No don't do that. I sweated a lot." Joe told me.
"No you didn't." I sighed and rested my face there.
"I smell." Joe told me. I took a deep breath. Joe quietly laughed and moved a bit, so that I needed to move.
"You don't." I gigged and grabbed his shirt.
"You smell good." I told him and gave him a warm smile.
"You do too." He smiled.
"I highly doubt that but thank you." I chuckled and closed my eyes.

"Are you going to take a nap?" Joe asked me and I nodded.
"Alright. Let's have a battle." He said quiet.
"For what?"
"Who falls asleep at first." I looked at him and needed to grin.
"I know. Stupid. Just nap a bit. I'll watch a series of something." Joe chuckled and I nodded. 

To my suprise, I didn't needed that much time to actually fall asleep. But I had a long night and since it's just eight in the morning, and I'm awake since about half to six, that's not unusual.

"Do you think you have to struggle a lot with the jetlag?" I asked Joe after I woke up again.
"I mean. We started the flight at eight in the morning. Let's say we fly eleven hours to LA. It's seven in the evening in london when we arrive. Let me think." Joe closed his eyes and used his fingers to count.
"It should be about ten, or eleven in the morning when we arrive. So if I don't sleep. Hell yes I will. But I am not tired at all. Let's say we are awake since six in the morning. That are four hours now because now it's about ten. We have nine hours left to fly. Four, add nine is, thirteen. That is how long we would be awake if we would not sleep. Okay? Wait a second my brain is exploading." He chuckled.

"When it's eleven in the morning in LA, when we arrive, and we stay awake the whole day, let's say until twelve in the night. Wait. Eleven to twelve are another thirteen hours. So we would be awake twentysix hours. Back to your question. Yes I will have a jetlag." Joe told me and I needed to chuckle.

"But you slept two. So you have twentyfour hours." Joe let his hand run over my head and smiled.

"You are beautiful." He then said.
"Joe? I didn't shower, I cried, my hair must look like a scarecrow, I have eyebags to the ground and I have a big fat pimple right here." I told him and placed my finger on my temple where the pimple was. 

"It's not big. It's just a bit red." Joe told me. 
"But it's a pimple. I thought puperty is over when youre about fifteen." I told him and he smiled.
"I like the pimple." He sighed and placed a kiss on my temple. 
"I don't." I told him.

"Do you see that? This hurts. It's an ingrown hair I guess. I need to sqeeze it later." Joe told me and pointed at his chin. I moved a few hairs of his beard away.
"Yeah. Looks like an ingrown hair. If you don't do it. I'll do it." I told him and he started grinning.

"Are you the kind of human who likes to squeeze pimples?" Joe asked me.
"Well. Yes. I mean. It looks satisfying." I told him and he needed to chuckled.
"Then you have a lot to do." He told me and I gave him a confused look.
"Where? I don't see any pimple." 
"I have one on my shoulder. Since last night. You'll have fun with that one because I wasn't able to pop it." He told me and I pulled his shirt a bit.
"It's right there." Joe said and placed his finger on it.
"I'm looking forward to squeeze it. That looks like it has the forbidden cheese in it." I told him.
"You are so disgusting." Joe laughed and hugged me to get me away from his shoulder.

"How long?" I asked him.
"Six hours." Joe sighed.
"Can we play a game?"
"What do you want to play?" He asked me.
"I don't know."
"Alright. Mhmm. What was your dreamjob, when you were a child?" Joe asked me and I needed to smile.
"So just asking questions?" I looked at Joe and he nodded.

"Yeah. So? What was it?" He smiled and I turned on my belly to grab a pillow for my head. I looked at him and he took one of my hands.
"I always wanted to be a librarian. Giving books away. And I wanted to be a penguin breeder." I told him and he chuckled.
"A penguin breeder?" Joe asked me.
"Yes. They are my favorite animals. And I wanted more. So I wanted to breed them." I smiled at Joe and gently squeezed his hand.

"What about you?" I asked him.
"Guess." 
"As you showed me pictures of your childhood, you looked like a typical little boy who wants to be a firefighter or a policeman." I told him.
"You are so wrong." He quietly laugh and moved his hand through his face.

"I wanted to be a water slide tester." Joe told me.
"Is that even a real thing?" I chuckled.
"Believe me or not. It is." He told me.
"That's so crazy."

"Okay, mhm. Would you rather live in a house with ten one year old kids or with ten dogs?" I asked him and he gave me a confused look.
"Another question. Where do these ten babys come from?" He asked me.
"Don't care about that." I chuckled.

"Ten dogs. When I'm becoming a parent someday I hope it's not decuplets. Like. I would be stressed. I would not have any sleep. And I will have a two meter muscle in my arm because I need to lift them all up, clean their buttocks and give them milk. And I don't have boobies. So they would all die." He told me and I needed to laugh.
"I mean. You're right. I don't want decuplets either. My belly would explode and I'll have a birth like in Alien." I told him with a grin.